Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 22, 2010 hey now hey now- this is what dreams are made of.... are made of

Family!!!!!!!!


Well. My life. So- I don't remember if I wrote last night but we have had some crazy storms here! So! We were able to go and help clean up the church last week which was fun. The church building got power back in time for us to be able to go to church yesterday which was good. Some members didn't have power for 4-5 days. We didn't have power for just a night. Must be missionary blessings :)We had a crazy week last week with meetings and with going to Ellis Island and what not, but Heavenly Father blessed us a lot for still trying to hit mission standards. We were able to get all of our lessons in and a couple referrals which was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I love being in New Jersey. It's great. I love my ward. They are great. I don't really know what else to say. I'm trying to think of good stories to tell you. OH! I know! So! We were sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday and I see this girl that I thought looked really familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Turns out it was my friend Sara Robinson! We knew each other from the summer I did Sports Camps. We were in the same ward. She was visiting our ward with her HUSBAND! (yes- people have met, dated, and got married while I've been on the mish:) )They were visiting the Relief Society president. But they are doing an internship in the City and live in the Jersey City ward. But! Point being it was SO fun to see someone that I know! I love when that happens :) My companion says I know everyone. I suppose that's what I get from moving a lot and going to BYU:) I told all the missionaries today at choir practice- oh ps- we're doing ANOTHER mission choir thing for Easter- that they all have to do a big all mission field trip to Nauvoo. It would be very fun and spiritually uplifting and I would get to see everyone and give them tours in my pioneer dress:) I think they were convinced. Now we just have to get the approval from good ol President and Sister Bahr! Well I just love being a missionary. A talk that I recently love is the Enabling Power of Christ or something like that by Elder Bednar (before he was even Elder Bednar.) I have definitely come to the realization that I can not do ANYTHING with out the help of the Savior. The Atonement is not only there to help me repent of my sins caused by weaknesses but also to help give me the strength to overcome said weaknesses. Ether 12:27 baby. Always has been the fave! We met some sweet people knocking this week. I think that my Jersey accent is pretty legit. I should have it really good by the time I go back to Nauvoo. I just mimic it while we're walking down the street. It's funny because my companion can't even tell if Americans have accents- it's just all English to her:) So! If I name one of my kids Sal- you'll know why. It sounds SOOOOOOOOO sweet when Jersey people say it. Or Paul. I like that one too. WELL! I love you! Be good! Do work! Much love. Hug Hug Kiss Kiss.


Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment