Friday, April 9, 2010

April 5, 2010....life is good in the hood :)

Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just even tell you?! Can I just even tell you. Ok- so for the last two weeks of my stay in New Jersey I am serving in the Jersey City 2nd Ward. I am in a walking area!!!!!! Woo!!!!!!!! No more being in a car all day driving to appointments. I am right on the Hudson front, which means I see NYC pretty much all the time. We have Hoboken in our area, which is where Daniel wants me to go and eat at that one bakery. Our ward is really young and is full of people who work or go to school in the City since we are so close. I really like it. I have already had the opportunity of going to some sweet parts of our area. We were at these projects and Sister Dennis asks me, “Are you prepared for this?” I replied, “I don’t think so.” Then the elevator door opened and we had to get in. I have never smelled anything like that before in my life. I couldn’t breathe out of my nose because my eyes started to water. I couldn’t mouth breathe because then I could taste it. So, I think I ended up just holding my breath? I almost started to cry because I didn’t know what to doJ AWESOME!!!!!!! We get to go running in this cute little park that has a great view of the City. I have really savored these last few teaching appointments I’ll have as a “proselyting” missionary. I can’t even begin to try and tell you the mix of emotions I am right now. SO! That is why it was so good to hear all of the amazing talks at General Conference. So! Everything that was said the first session the first couple of talks even was everything that I needed to hear! It is amazing how much Heavenly Father loves us. It is such a blessing to have a living prophet! I love everything about the Gospel so much. I wish I could be a missionary forever. Alas! My time is far spent and I need to go grocery shopping or something. I always have the intent of writing more- and then I actually sit here and nothing comes out. Just please know how much I love my life and how much I love my Savior. I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment