Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 22, 2010 Testify this bible's worth we'll testify this bible's worth! (rendezvous line :) )

Family-

Wow- this week has been CRAZY! I am in Nauvoo. I'm companions with Sister Barry again and with Sister Wendel who is one of the new sisters. We are the only trio- AWESOME. It has definitely been a change to come back to Nauvoo from the proselyting world. It is weird to not be around 19032840329842039482 people all the time. It is weird to breathe fresh air. It is weird to see green things. At the same time it is just wonderful! I was able to serve in the Visitor's Center for the first time yesterday. I forgot how much I like talking to people- imagine that:) I was able to give a few tours and get referrals and my life was great. I feel so much more qualified after having served a proselyting mission. I'm a lot bolder than last summer. I actually may have had a negative effect on a lady's blood pressure yesterday. They came in and are Christian and only had a few minutes so I was trying to give them a first lesson with a little history thrown in (they had just seen the JS movie) and she was getting antsy and wanted to go eat lunch or something so in my defense I was making it very brief but she asks me, "In two seconds what is the difference between your church and any other Christian faith." And I said, "We have the priesthood power of God." Then she got really mad at me. Oopsie :) But- it is what it is. Don't worry- I patched it up and she left not quite as upset:)

I have loved being around all my senior couples again. They are all my best friends. I love the strength of their testimonies. I have loved being around all my Nauvoo sisters. You don't fully apprecitate what you have till it's gone- so true in this case. I have never been around so many sisters at once that just get along and love each other. We have lots of fun. We think we are really funny:) A couple of neat stories from the past week. We were doing training in the call center and I had been thinking a LOT about Cassidy, well, pretty much since I had been in the field. One of the very first things I wanted to do when I got back to Nauvoo was see how his progress was going with the missionaries. So! I had S/Morgan call him when we were in the call center and we found out that he had gotten baptized! How exciting right?!?!??! I about peed my pants. Actually what I did was scream and kind of fall on the floor by S/Morgan and maybe my eyes were glistening a little:) It was such an AWESOME feeling. It made me think of D&C 18 that talks about helping the people you love and care about find the gospel. It was also a really great plug for all the sisters here to refer their friends from home. It works! Referrals work. I received a referral from a guest yesterday after I told her that story. So- Cass is helping out the missionary effort here. :) I don't think that anyone in the world had as many sister missionaries praying for them. All of the sisters from Nauvoo had been praying for him all of our field assignment. All of them would ask about him everytime that they wrote me. So! Everyone was super excited. They all feel this connection to him even though they don't know him. It was really great. Nauvoo miracle :) SO! Be thinking of all the people you can refer this summer for pageant! There have been over/around 50 reported baptisms off of Pageant Referrals last summer. These are people that started being taught because of our work with the Pageant. Cassidy's definitely wasn't reported- so I think that there are even more :) The Lord's work is great. The gospel is SO true. I love how being on a mission has really helped to "seal the deal" as far as my testimony goes. I love my Savior, and I need Him so much in my life right now. I am grateful to be a missionary. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good! Do work!

Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment