Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15, 2010 good ol' Nauvoo

Family!!!!!!!
So- quickly I will be writing you about the past couple days of my life. I will try and sum up quick because we have lots to do and I'm supposed to be speedy! So! I am now officially back in Nauvoo. Crazy crazy:) But! This is the best story that I need to tell you. SO! President and Sister Bahr were supposed to be coming to get me on Wednesday morning and time was just a tickin and so we finally called and asked if they needed directions- turns out traffic was horrible (welcome to New Jersey.) So we got a late start and then traffic was STILL horrible so we were a little concerned that I might not make my flight- but I was not so concerned because I knew that I was with the Bahr's and so something miraculous would happen and everything would be okay. So! We get to the airport and they tell me that I'm too late for my flight and that they are going to have to figure out something else. At this point, I still wasn't too concerned. I only felt bad if I would throw off the whole Nauvoo schedule. So! They actually ended up re-routing me to a different flight that would still arrive in St. Louis around the same time. So it all ended up working out, like I knew it would since the Bahr's are amazing. So I was sitting in the airport in Cincinatti looking at some pictures from NJ and thinking about my life and I see all these sisters walking together (6 to be exact.) So I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's odd. The only place I've seen that many sisters together is Nauvoo. But those wouldn't be the new Nauvoo sisters, I'm in Cincinatti. They wouldn't be here." So like any good missionary I go over to ask them what mission they are from and introduce myself and find out that they are indeed the new Nauvoo sisters!!!!!!! Talk about a serendipitous happening! AND THEN!!!!!!!!!! To make it even better- they had flown from Salt Lake with Sister Beck. Yes, like Julie B. (That's what I asked when they told me:) ) So!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I was able to meet Sister Beck and Brother Beck which was awesome! I knew that they were headed out to New York because everyone had been so excited to see them. It was such a neat experience. I thought that the reason I missed my flight was because my other flight was going to crash or something. Nope! Heavenly Father just loves me a lot. So He let me meet up with the newbies and meet my most favorite in the whole world Sister Beck. I love her. She is amazing. And guess what? She loves my hair. She said, "Sister Picard, what do you put in your hair it is so shiny and gorgeous!" I replied, "Sister Beck, that's just the way it is." HAHAHA! Then I told her I was Native. Then Brother Beck said I was beautiful in Italian (he guessed the Italian in me- cool huh?) Well! I need to go! Quickly- the pics are of the park I went running in every morning. One of my favorites from Paterson. Me and my new BFF Sister Beck. Me and Sister PARKER! (from the "other" Jersey mission:) ) and! Nauvoo :) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! I'll probably be e-mailing again at some point. I don't know when my preparation day will be- so it could be a minute. LOVE YOU! Be good. Do work. Church is true. Heavenly Father loves you.
Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment