Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April 27, 2010 DJ's Birthday :)

Family!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, another week in Nauvoo. I don't even know what I should talk about most of the times in my e-mails. How boring right? Sorry. We've started to work in the Call Center again. I'm trying to make sure that my enthusiasm for calling is genuine and is being passed on to the sisters around me:) I really do enjoy it for the most part. I forgot about that. I was able to start serving in the Visitor's Center again as well. I LOVE the Visitor's Center. It's really the closest thing to being out in the field. Almost like contacting. I like it because I have more control over the situation. Imagine that, me liking to be in control? :) I can go and talk to everyone that walks in about the Gospel, which makes me happy. I don't have to wait for them to come into sites to give them tours. One thing that I have been impressed with over and over again is how easy it is to share the gospel with your friends. This is what I think. Ok- now I'm going off on a tangent. Obviously my mission here in Nauvoo is different. I know most people wouldn't expect it, but it is actually a lot harder to stay focused here than out in the field. I felt like I had a pretty good handle on keeping my mind focused and then I came here and well, let's just say I'm really trying to focus again:) I think it's a great learning experience though. I know that when I am no longer a missionary (bleh) that it will also be a hard adjustment, and it will be SO important to learn how to focus on what is most important. I obviously don't want to become some socially incompetent religious zealot, but I do want to maintain the correct focus in my life. Which should be, and always will be, bringing others as well as myself closer to Christ.
We are getting three new sisters today. We'll get two new sisters next week. That makes 22 sisters in all. Two more than last year. That is 16 sisters living in our house. That is crazy business. However! I am sure it will all work out. Things in Nauvoo are going to start to pick up here pretty soon. I'm doing all I can to make sure I am prepared to referral it up! It is also important to strengthen the testimonies of those people that come here. I know most everyone is a member, but everyone can always have a stronger testimony. It's pretty amazing that I get to testify of the Gospel in a place like this.
I love you all! I wish I had a funnier story to tell. Let me think, nothing that I think you would also think is funny. Pretty much I just make a whole bunch of way lame missionary jokes all the time. But people laugh. Not sure if it's with me or at me- but it's all good :) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Be good. Do work:)

Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment