Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3, 2009 "Rise and Shout"

Hello everybody! It's so good to see ya- we hope that you enjoy our shoooooooooooow!!! That's the opening song from Sunset by the Mississippi. It's stuck in my head right now. SO!!!!!! What has been going on this past week may you ask? Well- let me just let you know. Life has been AWESOME! That's right- AWESOME! But- isn't it always when you are a missionary? I was actually just speaking with one of my girls Sister Johnson yesterday about how if you would've asked us a year ago if we'd be on missions we would be like "heck stinkin no" and then if you would have shown us a pic of what we were wearing we probably would have passed out of shame:) hahahahahahah You should have seen me yesterday. I was in rare form. So I have this favorite outfit of mine- it's a black skirt with a white shirt and that black J Crew like wool jacket thing and I wear it like 5 times a week. And I look absolutely shapeless- like the white handbook tells me to:) hahahahah but! It was really cold in the VC yesterday so I had to put on another sweater. And it was this total old lady sweater that was this pukey shade of brown that is way wide and short and boxy looking and all crocheted looking and pretty much if I were to see it I would say "cat-lady" So I was wearing my sweet outfit. And I've been doing this thing lately- I think that my hair has gotten curlier in the humidity or something. So I never have time in the morning to get ready. Correction- I don't want to get ready in the morning so I've just been diffusing my hair and yes mom- I still do wear makeup. At least eyeliner and mascara. But! I will say my hair has been looking pretty "historic" as of late (that was for you papi:) ) So---- I just know I was lookin pretty good yesterday:) AAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm sorry. I don't know why I felt the need to just tell you all of that. It's not really important to the work. The work by the way is AWESOME! We're almost there with all of our calling. We still call at least 3 hours a day. I don't know about you- but I will never want to talk to anyone on the phone ever again in my whole life. And the thing of it is- every time you call someone- you HAVE to take it seriously. Because you know how much the person that referred them loves and cares about them. And I just think of how I'd want missionaries to treat any of my referrals. So that's helpful in keeping perspective. OH man. So I got this one ringback tone- and let me just tell you- ringbacks tend to be the highlight of your night when you're in the call center. And I think it's a new BEYONCE SONG!!! And I'm pretty sure I would love it if I ever heard more than just the chorus. So I just had to dance it out. My comp was like "Sister! Sister!" and I was like "I'm sorry I just have to dance it out right now" So- if that song is any good- I'll be obsessed with it in a year when I get home:) Ok! This was a sweet experience! So- I'm pretty sure that I got a wrong number or was calling the wrong thing or I'm not exactly sure what had happened but! I just started talking to this guy named Jose who had no idea about Nauvoo or anything and so I just started talking to him about the CD and guess what?! He totally wanted the CD. I am really coming to terms with my calling as a VC sister. Which is a good thing. I realize that right now, my biggest responsibility is to get these people I'm calling to accept missionaries- and then I just need to put faith in the missionaries that will go and actually get to teach them. So I just do my best at what I'm supposed to be doing now. BUT! Let me just tell you. Ok- so! We go on our outbounds on October 7th. Yes- that would be a month away. CRAZY! So- what they are doing here is a program called "Angels in the Outfield." ps- things here have slowed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. We are lucky if 200 people come through the VC. Crazy crazy. Summer is definitely over in Nauvoo:) anyways. SO! Angels- what it is. All of the senior couples sign up for appointments and then all of us young sister missionaries go over and teach them every night. They are given different scenarios and then we are teaching them as if they're progressing investigators. So- it's pretty much like the MTC for three hours a night where we just go and have teaching appointments all night! IT'S THE SWEETEST THING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets me SO excited to actually be able to teach people. I just like do little dances walking up the sidewalk to their houses. And then I do little dances coming out of the house. And then I sing songs about how much I love teaching the people in the car. It just feels so good to teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man. So good. And I know that it's just a "role play" but at the same time I know that I'm getting important practice in. And that I can really still teach the senior couples as themselves. And that it's still my job to strengthen their testimonies. I just love it. I will also admit- it is weird to not be going back to school. But! Have no fear!!!!! I've found my kindred spirit here in Nauvoo. Sister Sandstrom is probably the only woman in a thousand mile radius who might love BYU football as much as I do. And she's going to be keeping me updated:) She wanted to say she had important business in Dallas this weekend to go down for the game. But then she figured the camera would pan the audience and there she would be sitting with her little black tag on waving:) hahaha. I just love all the senior couples here. They are amazing. Well! I need to get to getting. BUT! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!! Be good. I'll try and get some pics in the mail today. We're going to wal-mart- so I may actually print them off:) love you lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment