Thursday, September 3, 2009

August 20, 2009 "I love the Indiana Pacers"

First and foremost most important thing of the world. AUBREY POTTER IS THE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So! Right on Monday after transfers and just everything crazy I was needing a little pick-me-up. I didn't get home until like 10:15 and what was waiting for me? A lil package. And what was inside that package!?!?!?!??!?! AN OFFICIAL STINKIN MUG FROM THE OFFICIAL STINKIN NBA STINKIN DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what was also in that little box (I'll put that box inside of another box... and then I'll smash it with a HAMMA. sorry- it was just in my head) TYLER HANSBROUGHS OFFICIAL LITTLE NAME PAPER THINGY THAT HE MOST DEFINITELY TOUCHED!!!! aaaaahahahahahahahahah. I peed my pants. I loved it. I still love it. I drink everything in that mug. No one else is allowed to use it. Because I don't want it broken. And everyone thinks I'm crazy. As if they didn't already:) Well well well...... What to say about the last week hmm? It was actually kind of crazy now that I think about it. We had transfers. I'm staying in Nauvoo. My prep day is still Thursday- obviously:) The YPM's all went home on Tuesday. It was kind of a big deal for everyone. I'll miss some of them I'm sure, but! just as a general rule I'm not much into goodbyes and being emotional:) They had a YPM Talent Show on Monday night which was pretty fun. One of the Elders sang "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof. He even did the Tevye shimmy thing. And one of the sisters just about peed her pants she could not even handle it. It was fun watching everyone watch. Ohhh such awkward sister missionaries- gotta love it! It was good laughs though. You need to laugh like that every once and awhile. I will tell you what was really sad though. Two of the 2nd summer sisters went home this morning :( Two of my most favorite sisters of all time ever!!!!!!! Sister Granja and Sister Ahrendsen! Granja is my cute little Brazilian. And Ahrendsen was one of the Assistants. So- it was a pretty big deal. I will admit I even got a little teary-eyed this morning when they left. It was just sad knowing I could never see Granja again. Don't worry- I gave her a sweet present. And I gave Sister Ahrendsen one of my bows. I told her it's super lucky and will get her lots of dates :) It's kinda crazy knowing that we'll be going on our outbound soon. It's actually really crazy. I guess President maybe already knows where we're going? Crazy business. I try not to think about it. It's just- I just don't even want to have an opinion so that I can just be happy wherever I go. I have lots of places visitors have told me I should go:) Tacoma WA, Mississippi, Louisiana, Colorado...... so I have friends everywhere now:) I got to watch part of Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration in spanish yesterday! We had this family from Chile come in- of course they thought I spoke spanish- and then part of my heart got ripped out like it always does when I had to tell them I don't speak spanish- but! I did get the spanish Joseph to work for them. It was sweet. Probably the coolest thing of my life continues to be calling. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE calling. We're trying to get through all the referrals and it's coming along! I don't know if I'm allowed to say or not but Sister Brinkerhoff was saying yesterday that we've sent out about 800 referrals so far. That's INSANEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! That's 800 people that are having the missionaries over. Do you even know what that means!?!?!?!??!?!?! 800 PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE MISSIONARIES OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we're no where close to be done with actually contacting everyone. The hardest/most frustrating thing is trying to get information from the members of the church. A lot of times they just put down their own contact information and then a name so that we have to call them and get their friends phone number so we can then call the friend and make sure it's okay that the missionaries are coming over. Wow- long sentence. Sorry. So! Actually getting the non-member info can sometimes be a pain. So! now you know when you refer- just help a sista missionary out. And if she leaves you a message- call back. Thank you very much. Things have slowed down a lot here with all the shows being over for the summer. It's kind of weird. I've just been so busy for so long. And we still stay really busy with calling- but still. It's different not talking to a bajillion of people everyday. Instead- maybe only like a million:) The thing that makes me happiest is when people say yes to receiving the CD. The thing that makes me saddest is when people tell me I don't believe in Jesus. Another thing that makes me happiest is thinking about my family. I'm trying really hard to get all prepped for the outbound. I need to know the lessons better. I don't want to be a total dweebo when I go out in the field. I mean- I'll have been on my mission for 7 months by then. It's not like I'm a total greenie. But I'll still be trained and everything. Because it will be very different. But! I want to make the learning curve as easy as possible. So I've really been trying hard to practice lessons and study them and memorize all the scriptures I can! Because we all know- when I finally get a chance to be out in the field........ daaaaaaaaaaang:) Well- hopefully by then I will just be able to do whatever it is that God needs me to. So! I need to be as prepared as possible. I'm not sure of anything else cool to tell you. Oh. Here is a story for you. So! Last night as a farewell/departing treat some of the sisters- we decided to have a little dance partay. And we dressed up like idiots. We always tease Granja about not being American- so I got plastered in this American flag streamer business and was lookin pretty good. We were just being crazies. It honestly doesn't happen very often. Mostly just because the sisters were leaving and we needed to just dance it out one last time to our favorite jam here on the mish----- that would be "The Light" from the stand in the light efy cd. I'm telling you- classay!!!!!!!!! It was fun. You just have to have fun sometimes. Especially if it's to prevent you from being sad:) Well! I love you all most dearly. Keep up the good work. Do work. :) I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment