Thursday, September 3, 2009

July 16, 2009 "When you're here, we're here" quote from Nauvoo pageant


Oh HEEEEEEEYYYY!!!!! Ok. So I have like a minute to write to you. Literally. So I will try to make it fast. And informative. At the same time. Yes. Well! Pageant is going on! OH! First of all! Transfers were on Sunday. I still have the same prep day so here I sit on this wonderful Thursday morn. I am comps with Sis Lukens. She's tight. We served out in Carthage together my first transfer there. She's from CA. And she even knows and loves Sufjan. I appreciate here. And we like to shake it to the bagpipes here during pageant. So that's fun. In case you weren't aware- there is this big bagpipe band thing that they have here for pageant. They are SWEEEEEEEEEET or prime as Hann would now say I suppose. But- they can drop a beat:) ha! Oh mission. Ok. So! I'm back in the Hatch House which is kinda a lot crazy. 14 girls in one house. But! We manage. Our schedule is just insane right now. Isaiah 40:31. All I can do when I wake up each morning is pray to Heavenly Father and ask Him to please let me be able to get out of bed and go running. And please let me not fall asleep when talking to visitors. And please let me stay happy. :) So! He's been helping me out a lot in that regard. We have to be out the door at 8:15 and we don't get back until after 11. It's funny because we'll see the same people throughout the day all over Nauvoo and they're just like "where are you coming from?!?! you're everywhere!!!!" ha. But! It's fun to stay busy. And it's SO fun to have this many people in Nauvoo. I served at the VC (visitor's center) yesterday and I guess we had over 1400 people come through. Which is a lot. If you think about it. I am absolutely LOVING pageant. Sometimes I have to kind of give myself a little prep talk before I go out to greet or contact or whatever and just say over and over in my head "I love talking to people, I love talking to people, I love talking to people" because if you know me at all, a lot of times I don't like talking to people. Let alone, LOVE talking to people:) But! Heavenly Father blesses you when you are trying your very hardest, I know He does. And He has helped me SO much. And has given me so many good experiences. And I just know that there are SOOOOOOO many things that I can be doing better. So that gets a little frustrating. Because I just want to be wonder missionary right now and always know what to say to everyone and to do everything right right now. So- there is my need to work on patience a little more:) We have the elders from the Peoria mission coming in to help out with the pageant. They help us in getting referrals and what not. I've definitely noticed a difference in how we contact. The elders bless their hearts are pretty just "here's your referral card fill it out" and you know what? it works for them. But the VC sisters we are more about I guess you could say "buttering people up" before we slip the referral card:) K- that sounded kind of bad. What I mean is that. Ok- well here is my goal. I NEVER want anyone who I talk to to feel like the only reason that I talked to them was to get a referral. I want everyone to feel like I genuinely care about them. And I want to genuinely care about them. And I've noticed that as I've done that, referrals just kind of come. But it's just awesome. I can't tell you how awesome it is. I wish I could just bottle up my happy and send you some. Because it's SWEEEEEEEEEET! I mean prime. And the happier I am in the gospel- the greater desire I have to just share it with EVERYONE. Seriously. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally almost forgot! I got your package on FRIDAY! So I didn't get to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Everyone was totally jeal. IT was the BEST packaged in the entire world. That is not even an exaggeration. I never exaggerate. Or lie:) Seriously though. It made my life. I've been wearing all those shirts. Everyone thinks they're way cude and wants to borrow them all the time :) Oh I just love it. Everyone thinks my fam is the coolest. Because they are. I can't even tell you how much I love you. Or thank you enough for all your support. Because you are just amazing. And I miss you lots- but it's really a good kind of miss. It makes me want to be a better missionary kind of miss. If that makes sense. So don't you worry your little heads about me. I'm doing good:) OH! Also! I finally got a letter from Cass which was sweet. And! I need Claire, Becca, and Kaiti's addresses to write them back because I don't think that any of them are at the last address I have for them. So! I love them- but currently cannot write them back:) LOTS O LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it classy. Be good. Just- read the Book of Mormon everyday. And have quality FHE's. That's my "invitation" to you:) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment