Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009 "3 days left....."

Family-

This will have to be a short and quick note because I am leaving in approximately 10 minutes to go to Quincy with some of the Senior missionaries. I'm REALLY excited! It should be a lot of fun. We had transfers on Sunday. My new companion is Sister Goodrich. I love her SO much. Oh my goodness. Life has just been good since Sunday. I'm really glad that we are companions before I go out in the field. At the same time I'm sad that we're only comps for two weeks! Oh well:) So! This Sunday is the big day! We find out where we are going on our field transfer! I'm SO ready to know. Not that I have been counting down or anything, but let's just say this is a day that I have been looking forward to ALL summer. Have any guesses where it might be? Sister Goodrich and I both had dreams of where we are going, so we'll see if they're right:) I just so badly want to just feel like I'm going where I'm supposed to go. That's really all. I don't care where it is, I just want to know I'm supposed to be there. And not have a minor freak out like I did when I was sent to Nauvoo. So! I suppose we'll see:) I just am so excited. Not that Nauvoo isn't great, but I'll finally be able to start doing what I signed up to do. Which is preach the gospel:) AHHHH!!!!! I'm just excited. For these next 6 1/2 months or whatever it is I just want to work SO hard. Because I have all of this bottled up inside me. And I only get to do this for 6 months! So I have to make the best of it! I'm excited.
Ok, I will try to stop speaking about my field transfer so much. I still have a lot left to do in Nauvoo. We've been trying to get all the loose ends wrapped up in the Call Center. Sister Goodrich and I were calling last night and something really neat happened. We use the same program that goes through BYU as the missionaries in the MTC use to call people. So we were using the Call Center and I got a message from one of the guys at the MTC that said "we're swamped will you take some calls?" or something like that and we were like "HECK YES WE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!" So! We were able to take some of the inbound calls from the MTC. Which was really good for us. Because those are all the people who call in because they want a copy of the Book of Mormon or something. So they're already interested in the Church. And everyone I spoke with accepted having the missionaries over. So it was WONDERFUL! It's funny thinking back to the MTC. Not that I didn't love the Call Center then, I just appreciate it so much more now! Those calls were so easy compared to what we do now. So it was a nice little refresher:) I was able to have some really good discussions with some really good people. I appreciate that. I am slowly coming to terms with my role in the Visitor's Center. It's a big matter of faith. I just have to trust those missionaries that I send to all of these peoples homes. But! God trusts me. So who am I to have qualms with trusting huh? :)
Well! I love you all a lot! Sorry I don't have that much to say. Sister Goodrich and I were going to ride our bikes around today because we wanted to be like "real missionaries" :) but they said we couldn't because it was raining too hard. She likes to be hardcore like me. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good. Get excited for Conference! It's going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a perfect thing to send me out in to the field! That will be one of my last days here in Nauvoo. I'm SO excited. I'm just praying that I will be prepared for the messages that will be shared. I'm especially excited to hear from good ol Elder Perry now:) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment