Friday, May 14, 2010

May 11, 2010 tonight's gonna be a good night :) (thank you baby for introducing me to what is hip and cool :) )

Family-

Let me just even tell you- I LOVED getting to speak with all of you on Sunday! It made my life!!!!!!!!!! It’s funny- because I’ve never really gotten emotional in speaking with you. It feels really normal every time I call home. I fully realize it has been months since I’ve heard your voices, but it just feels goodJ and normal. Except for Buddy. He does NOT sound like himself. But I suppose everyone has to go through poverty and that whole voice changing thing huh? J (like that Gussy!) It’s weird to think that I will be seeing you all- but I am definitely not focusing on that just quite yet. I have plenty of summer ahead of me. So! Big time shout out to mamasita for being the best mom in the world! I am the ONLY missionary in all of stinkin Nauvoo (this is also including the bajillion of seniors) with a CONFERENCE ENSIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don’t think you can fully appreciate the Conference Ensign until you have been a missionary. It is like the new iPod. Or iWhatever it probably is these days, I have no idea about technology. So, I have been the envy of the whole mission. I prance around everywhere carrying it with me. Then everyone gets these looks on their faces, “No way!!!! You are so lucky! Where’d you get that!?” Then I say, “My mom. She’s the best.” I have loved reading the Ensign. I love Conference. I wish they had it every month. However, then it would not be as special. So I guess I don’t. But I love the messages. I especially loved being able to read the Priesthood session and the YW meeting. President Uchtdorf’s talks were my favorite from both. I know we all know my issues with patience, so I have read that talk several times over. I love the messages that are given by the leaders of the Church. They are all so inspired! I think a lot of times, they are so smart. They must know so much about the gospel. And yet all of their messages are relevant to any member of the Church. It helps to confirm my testimony that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing about it ever changes. It is and will always be His Gospel. Our understanding and appreciation of it grows deeper and deeper, all while we are trying to better align our will to His. I love reading the Ensign. I can’t put it down ever. I read it in the sites. I read it at the VC. I read it when I eat. I read it before I go to bed. It’s just too good. Can’t even help it. So! Thanks again mama! You really made my life! I’m trying to think of anything really exciting that has happened. I highlighted S/Morgan’s hair. I don’t know if I told you. That was fun. S/Picard beauty parlorJ It’s been raining OH I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok finish that sentence, it has been raining frequently. I just remembered. We have raccoons all up in our house. A couple of the senior elders have caught two of them. I think there are approximately 50 more and I think that they are having babies. Our house smells weird. We kept taking out the trash and cleaning to no avail. Turns out raccoon poo smells bad J Last night they were having a party in the wall right next to me. I sleep on the top bunk and at first I thought my companion decided to start kicking the wall or moving in her sleep a lot. Nope. The raccoons. Then we heard them in our heating thing. I kept having visions of these little raccoon hands coming up out of the vent trying to eat me. Kind of creepy okay?! I finally did get to sleep though. I think that is kind of a funny thing to tell you. I hope all is well. Thanks for being my family. You really are the best ever. Be good. Do work. J

Sister Picard

PS- Highlight of my phone conversation- baby singing to meJ Also! I thought you might appreciate this. I was in the temple today and this worker goes, “You are so beautiful! You must be a missionary girl!!!!!” It just reminded me of when we were little and those pics we have of Gus and Daniel being “missionary boys!” Especially when Buddy is all GQ with his hand in his pocketJ love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment