Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh Hey!!! April 21, 2009


oh hey! so- I bet everyone is just dying to read about my life. It's almost been a week- and it feels like I've been here FOREVER! Which is not necessarily a bad thing. But sheesh- time is definitely not flying- although I would say that I'm having fun:) SO! I got home I mean I did not get home after I was done e-mailing we went to dinner at the Mission Home with President and his wife. While there, I found out that I was actually NOT going to be serving in Carthage- but was getting moved back to Nauvoo. So- I piled up all my junk yet again (what a nomadic lifestyle those first few days :) ) and headed back into Nauvoo! Which is good good good. Our house here is SWEET! It's pretty big- well it would have to be there are 12 girls living there. 3 bathrooms. Kinda crazy in the mornings. But! I LOVE my companions! I don't know if I had ever mentioned Sis. Enser in any of my previous e-mails but she was in my district and we were roommates in the MTC. She is my companion and our trainer is Sis. Brinkerhoff. There are more sisters coming in (11) then there were returning (7) so there are some companionships with three sisters. I LOVE them! Oh man- they are just so chill. And Sis. Brinkerhoff has been so nice to us. And she is a health freak just like me! We just are all about our oatmeal and veggies together. And we've been running every morning. Which is SOOOOOO good. There are some sweet runs here. Admittedly- I'm still kind of trying to get my wind back- there is a definite difference between running on a track at the MTC and running outside. It's pretty hilly here. I love it though. Especially in the mornings running by the river- DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!! ha. So yes- it's been SO crazy crazy crazy busy. I don't even know. I'm kind of lost as to what day it is or what time it is. haha- I'm in this weird missionary space time continuum? OK- so! Last I wrote was on Wednesday I believe. On Thursday we went on a handcart trek they have here that goes around in the "woods" so we did the Thursday morning. It was pretty sweet. I'm like SO pioneer status. Veteran handcart pusher. I've been on a billion treks by now. Ain't no thang. SO! I just pushed that cart all up and down them hills. It was funny Sis. Enser and I were pushing a cart together (and supposedly Pres. & Sis. were pushing with us- not.) And there was this part that was just mud. I mean- mud. So we're like- "we got this" and just pushed straight on through the mud. Mud up to our calves- up the hill. We were laughing SOOOOOOOOOO hard. Oh it was funny. So then! We had district meeting like right after and there were 18 girls trying to get ready in our house. I just washed my face and feet. I figured I was good :) haha- I bet that kills mom:) THEN! We went to the Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH man. Coolest temple I've ever been in. Might be a new fave. Oh it's AMAZING! And so beautiful. I love it. I LOVE it. So that was awesome. And they actually just closed it for cleaning for the next 2 weeks so we were lucky to get a session in. Oh which reminds me- I can still rent temple clothes for free here- but they really encourage us to have our own. Which they failed to tell us- or I would have brought mine. So madre- perhaps we should figure out a way to get them out here? Koot-noo! Ok- so then! On Friday we went on the wagon ride around Nauvoo which was fun. Then we had training. Then we went out to Carthage- which was so good. I really am excited to serve there. When I actually get to:) The spirit there is awesome. And it brings back a lot of memories of when the fam has come to Nauvoo to visit. Actually- pretty much everything does. Which reminds me- could you send me the pic of dad and the girls in the Family Living Center in Nauvoo? It's baby sleeping on dad- me looking like a tool and hann looking cute and we're sitting on a bench. OH and PS!!!!!! I got your letter in the mail yesterday with all those pictures in it. Everyone kept talking about how attractive my family is- I was like "duh where'd you think I get it from" I got it from my mama :) HA! Ok sorry tangent. Ummm where was I? OK- OH yes. Then we just study all the time. And then Saturday we went to ALL THE SITES IN NAUVOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh stink that was a long day. loooooooooong day. They wanted us to see how everything will work though- which is good and I appreciate it but man. I'm surprised how worn out you can get from just going to sites. But we were bookin it. There is a LOT to do here. And! We got our pioneer dresses (which I'm including a picture of- not on my body- I don't know that I love you enough to send that yet. oh sick. ) Ok- so then on Sunday we went to church at the ward that is for all the visitors that are in Nauvoo and also all of the missionaries - us and the Senior couples. I guess in the summer time they have to open the cultural hall and chairs are even on the stage it gets so packed. And as the young sister missionaries (ysm's for short..... trespassers will for short :) ) they have us actually sitting up on the stand. HA! That was fun. Now I feel for all those people that have to sit up there and try not to fall asleep- because trust me we were all so wiped out. And church is at 8. So I sat there recited D&C 4 in my head to keep me awake :) Then we had lunch at President's which was fun. Then we went home- oh and PS! All the senior missionaries just spoil us to death. We have had SOOOOO much sugary goodness brought over to our house the past week. And I've been good about not eating it- but it is ALWAYS there. And everyone always wants to feed you desert wherever you go. So after President's we had our district mtg at the Horan's house (SUCH a cute couple! oh I love them) and they had made us dinner and Sis. Enser & Brink & I just looked at each other like- "we can not eat anything right now" but we tried. And then they just kept pulling out more food. And then they wanted us to eat this blueberry cheesecake so we're finally like "can we just take our pieces home? we're really full" and they gave us the whole thing. ha! But the other two sisters in our district are single sisters and they are SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! Oh man! I love me some old people. I just love it. Serving with senior couples is where it's at- for real. OK- so then. I just have to tell Hann because I almost forgot but whenever we were driving around there are all of these Pres. Lincoln signs everywhere so in my head I'm always like "Land of Lincoln!" but if I were to say it aloud no one would laugh. Name that movie! ALSO!!!!!!!! There is a main road here named Mulholland St and EVERY TIME we drive on it I always thing "Christomer.. Mulholllan" "bed and breakfast, bed and breakfast, bed and breakfast" and then I start laughing and once again no one gets it. Alas! SO! Sunday afternoon was my first time working in the sites. I have been at the Family Living Center. I was there yesterday as well and will be there almost all week. It's really fun. It's the place where you get to see spinning and breadmaking and ropemaking and candlemaking galore!!!!!!!! :) It's fun though seriously. Except I am in my pioneer dress all the time. WOW. That's a humbling experience let me tell you. Yesterday this family came in with girls our age and like our sisters ages and they all looked so cute and we just felt stupid. Oh well. Vanity is a bad thing I suppose. And I'm DEFINITELY being humbled :) ha. Oh but yesterday was so fun! We had a couple of pre-school groups come in which was SOOOOO fun! I loved seeing all the babies! And it's so funny because when we're done we're supposed to ask if anyone has any ?'s so I'd ask and they'd raise their hands and be like "my grandpa uses a screwdriver" "is that sheep real?" "I'm the smartest" but this one girl was like "do you know what?" and it reminded me of darla on little rascals so I said what? and she goes "you're really pretty" so that made me feel better about my pioneer status. Although- she is a little girl- so I don't really know :) But yeah- that's what I've been up to. Goodness I'm tired at nights though. Especially after yesterday. Because when we weren't giving tours we were tying quilts for humanitarian aid or making rugs for the sites and houses or sorting through literally a freakin TON of fabric that was donated to the church for humanitarian work. SO grateful for my dansko's and that comfort and support. HA!!!!!!!! Oh yes- and could you perhaps also send that one pic of Grandma Teddi laughing at the picnic? Sorry I'm so demanding with the pics. If it makes it any better- I'm now going to try and attach pics so you can see me in my mission glory :) I love you all SOOOOOOOOOO much! Please dearelder this to Gus and tell him that I'm sorry I didn't write sooner but I just haven't had my pday till today so that I do really love him and miss him and I know he's being an AWESOME missionary!!! woo! K- love you all a lot a lot! OH! And tell Andrea Dean that her e-mail was AWESOME! Just what I needed- and if you could get her address I want to send her a letter. MAn- I just love those Dean's. Probably the coolest people ever :) K! LOVE YOU!

Sister Picard


PICT0043.JPG
k- so pic #1 is my pimp suit- aka my pioneer dress. #2 is Sis. Morgan and I doin work at the Referral Center. #3 is my district!!!!!! at the MTC- we walked to the temple on a Sunday. oh yeah it was snowing. bleh. and I am wearing a marshmallow coat. so cude. #4 is my favorite picture from the MTC. and I HATED taking pics. I plan on just getting them from everyone else when this whole mission business is over:) but seriously- this is a district of E. who were on our hall and were going to Australia and Canada. So we'd see them all the time and do teach and be taughts with them and we saw them at the Temple our last Sunday which was also their last Sunday and they wanted a picture with me so missionary pics are just weird and awkward because no one can touch each other and I'm not even sure how this picture happened- it just did. and I think it's HILARIOUS. But yeah! You should be proud I'm willing to send pics at all- I am lookin pretty nastay in all of them. But what can you do? I'm sure you miss my sparkling personality- are you shriveling up and dying yet? ;) haha
PICT0002.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment