Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28, 2009 "I'm just doin my thang"


OK!!!!! So- where to even begin? I don't even know. I'm sorry I'll try to get in as much detail or cool things as possible. I spent a lot of time just sending pics- so try and get those up on the blog or whatevs so the people can see them! Then I won't feel so bad about a lame e-mail :) Ok- so! I've been out at Carthage. SWEEEEEEEET! Carthage just makes my life. It's just so good there. The tour is awesome. And oddly enough- I get worn out when I do lots of tours. Don't hate- it's hard work. Emotionally/spiritually draining I think? Who knows. So last week was pretty intense emotionally- and what that means- is that I, yes I, got a little emotional:) I had just gone through transfers and new comp and all that bidness and then my bff Sis Enser was actually sent home for medical reasons. Serious- BFF. Until I was transferred we had been with each other EVERY DAY of the mission. Crazy huh? So it was hard to not have her with me all the time because I love her. So- hopefully everything works out the best for her- because she is just an AMAZING girl. AMAZING! So that was that. Let's see- on Sunday we had to listen to this historian talk about Abraham Lincoln at the sociable (devo/fireside) It was probably the most boring thing of my life. Half the YSM's (young sister missionaries- that's what they call us:) ) were asleep which means approx 80% of the seniors had to be sleeping :) hahahahahaha Oh! I totally have a YPM bff now. Not sure what his name is- but I actually talk to him. HAHAHAHAHAHAH ok so he is the only one that ever figured out we were lazer-pointering them and he told me that for days it just drove him nuts because he couldn't figure out what was going on. And every once and awhile he'd just have this red light in his eye (ooopsies- no blindness) and he thought that it must be coming from the relief map we have of Nauvoo or something because that's how the one in SLC points stuff out. But then he'd always look at us and be like "oh no, the sisters wouldn't be doing anything" Oh contrare mon frare! (however you spell that) AHAHAHAH so I cracked up about that for awhile. Then he called me a Lamanite and I found out he's a halfie like me too- and one half is even Italian! So- I figure he's ok to talk to. Also! On Monday we had this family of Poly's come and dance- it was SWEET! They've been here for the past weekend doing shows. One of the boys did a hoop dance- everyone's always wanting to be all Native:) They came to Carthage the next day and I got to give them their tour!!! It was so fun! I LOVED it! There were 22 people. They had lots of cute little brown babies. And the girls had like all been on missions- and it just made me happy to see pretty, successful, rm girls that were just so cool. It was good to talk to them. And the dad was hilarious. I was joking around with him the whole time. I told him they needed to get a real drum and a real indian to sing if they wanted to keep doing the hoop dance:) they just had this plastic drum thing. HAAAAA!!!!! ok awkward. They had a son who goes into the MTC in a few weeks and the dad was like "ok- now you get in a picture with my son" and I was just like- "hmmm well ok this is not awkward at all just pretend that it's not weird that I'm a sister missionary and I'm just in a picture with their almost missionary son that's totally not weird ok just well ok smile!" ha. funny funny people. I just loved them. They reminded me of just good happy family-ness. Which is what my family is ALL about. :) I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joseph Smith. I've been just a little book worm while I've been out at Carthage. They have a library that we're authorized to read from as missionaries. ONe of the Elders asked me once if I ever stopped studying:) I just LOVE to find out more about Joseph and Hyrum and the early saints and what exactly happened there because we get so many questions. My favorite book so far has been Joseph and Moroni by Legrand Baker I think? It's goods. I just like to know that Joseph went through difficult times too. He couldn't just magically one day translate the Book of Mormon or just magically start receiving revelation- he had to LEARN how. And that took a looooooooong time and lots of effort on his part. Heavenly Father will always give us opportunities to learn and grow. And any trial we go through- is going to be for our good. And teach us lessons we NEED to learn. So hopefully I'm not a dumbie and have to re-learn them a billion times:) Well! I need to go. Bleh bleh. Sorry not a better letter. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure and write to Elder Picard- he needs some lovin these last few MTC weeks. I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment