Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009 Carthage

So! It feels like it's been weeks since I've written! Maybe because it has been a long time or something? Officially- what I'm sure you are all dying to hear- is.. that.... I GOT TRANSFERRED TO CARTHAGE!!!!! yee. So I'm officially there this time. I've been there 3 days. I don't think there will be any changes. It's pretty sweet. Obviously my prep-day got moved to Thursday. I got a new comp- Sis Reece. She was in the MTC with me. She had been in Carthage the previous transfer. I have to admit- I do miss my Nauvoo Sisters sometimes!It's crazy in that house with 14 sisters- but I really did love my comps. And there are just amazing sisters there. But! There are amazing sisters in Carthage. This transfer will be a good one. Things are starting to pick up a lot out here. And the Carthage tour is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot. The Spirit is so stinkin strong. Everywhere you go. Especially in the Martyrdom room. It will like melt your face off. Or it just gets hard to breathe sometimes. I don't even know. And most of the time I just feel so inadequate and I don't want to ruin it for the people I'm giving the tour to. I really want everyone that comes through to have their testimonies strengthened in the ways that it needs to be. It's been harder for me to try and get referrals at the Jail so far. But that doesn't mean I'm not trying. I try to really give people the stare down when I ask for them... make em feel all guilty ;) ha! Just kidding. Maybe a little. Well okay. So! The other day I was giving a tour to a mom and daughter who were non-members from the area and it was AWESOME!!!!! So good. They wanted a Book of Mormon. And I committed them to read part of it. And tried to get them to have the missionaries over. It's just hard sometimes too because we had to give tours in companionships the first couple days. And I'm used to just doing tours by myself. So it's good to learn how to give tours together and work WITH each other and not against. I just so BAD want everyone to just get baptized. Or refer someone. That's really all I want in life. hahahaha What a dorky missionary huh? Oh well. That's what I'm about. And I know that no one believes me when I say it- but giving tours is hard work when you're busy. And it's hard to try and focus on the needs of the group that you are taking through when you've only been able to speak with them for a short while and you have to know what to say to them and what to bear testimony of. I pretty much just pray in my head the entire time just hoping I don't mess things up. It can be kind of draining. I do love it though. Life is good. Mission is good. There was a tour that I took through with a ton of little babies in it- which I loved:)- but the kids have a hard time focusing a lot. But they all just quieted right down the entire time we were in the Martyrdom room. It's just amazing. Oh I love it. SO GOOD! Ok- so. What else is up. Let me just think about it. I just feel crazy. And kind of out of it? Change always kind of does that I think. We stay in this sweet old Victorian house in Carthage. There are 6 sisters and 4 senior couples. I'll have to try and get a picture of it next week. Ugh. These YPM's are all up in my grill while I'm trying to write. They can't shut up I tell you. Well- I'm happy to report I am being a lot nicer to them. Mostly the guys. The girls are a little too drama still. But- I should probably only say nice things. I've been dragging my comps/roommates to the local track every morning. Pretty sure they love it:) It's been hard not having my running buddy Sis Brinkerhoff. But- it's fun to be able to run by myself kind of... since I just have to have other sisters at the track with me. I'm still trying to get used to not listening to music- and not singing apostate songs in my head while I run:) Shoot! What has even been going on. Shut up please miss annoying ypm. Ugh. My head hurts. Oh! Susan Easton Black has been here and has been speaking to us a lot. She actually came to our district mtg on Sunday and gave a lecture on Patriarchal Blessings which was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her. And my title is a tribute to her. She always says "well okay" and then starts in to whatever she was going to say:) I'm just trying to make the most out of every day. And even when I have to clean the urinals at the Carthage Visitor's Center I just say in my head "I love my mission... I love my mission... I love my mission..." and that's been fairly effective. One of the Elders in Carthage played football at the U. We don't hate each other- but it's good to have someone to talk sports with every once and awhile. I saw an article in the church news or mormon times or something (I think it was outdated) about football and my heart hurt:) It's ok. I just feel like this e-mail is weird. Sorry to disappoint. I'll try to make up a really good one next week. Super good one:) Tell Cass that his letter will make my life if he ever gets around to writing it...:) and that we get a lot of people from Kansas up here visiting! Tell Aubs that I got her letter and have been DYING to write back- but it's been awhile since my last pday. I love everyone. I really do. A lot. Some more than others. hahahaha LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment