Sunday, May 10, 2009

Computer Problems :( May 5, 2009

(We got three different emails from Sister Picard because the first long message didn't deliver)

please oh please bless that this e-mail actually went through. If not- I'm starting to try and write another version of it in approximately- 10 min. Ugh. Dumb computers. The comps here are super duper slow. Dumb. Ok! So! I've just been doin work. Pretty much all the time. I've been working a ton in NRI. We pulled up and washed a bunch of these big ol rugs that are in the sites in this big bathtub looking thing with these scrubber brushes. That was pretty sick. Then! I got to learn how to lay brick. That's right- official professional bricklayer status right now. So when I bring my kids to Nauvoo in whenever I'll be able to say "look at them bricks your mama layed" yep. Sweet. Then! Yesterday I was supposed to be working in the VC so I got all ready for the day (which does mean that I put on my make up and showered and tried to fix my hair after we went running in the morn) and then! I'm here for a mo and then we got a call saying they wanted me down at NRI. So obviously my reputation proceeds me:) And I had to go paint fences. So I painted one whole stinkin side of the Lucy Mack Smith fence yesterday. I did work. And I'm sure I got brownie points with Lucy Mack:) Ok- and ugh I'm so super frustrated I wrote this super sweet e-mail and it's going to bug if it didn't go through! Ugh. BUT! This is the best story of my life- and that is. Do you remember those people I gave a tour to the other week and they watched the Joseph movie and I had them fill out a referral card? well- THEY ARE TOTALLY TAKING THE LESSONS BY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes- that is the best news of anyone's lifetime. And it just made my life. And I did a total happy dance whenever I found out. And I have absolutely nothing to do with it. I just want them to have the Gospel in their lives SO bad and that's SO the truth. I know it's sounds cheesy or whatever but I promise- I just want everyone in the whole entire world to know about the Gospel so that they can be as happy as me! And that's all that is:) The temple just opened back up so I'm REALLY excited to be able to go today. Yesterday we went after NRI- paint in our hair and everything:) I got to serve in the Brigham Young home on Saturday and that was my first time in a home so I wore my stylin pioneer dress. Dang- I look so fly in that thing. But I just love it here. And I'm super sorry if my longer e-mail didn't go through and this is all you have. But I love it. I LOVE it here. And I want you all to be praying for missionary experiences. And I promise that as you do that, Heavenly Father is going to prepare you and also give you the opportunity to help His children:) it's SWEET! I love you. A lot a lot.

Sister Picard

 

Other things that I'm loving about Nauvoo by now. All the senior E. They are all like old farm guy manly men. I love LOVE listening to them talk. It makes my life. And I try and talk like them every chance that I get. I also just love the senior couples- they make me feel so loved. Things I'm not loving so much by now- the "young performing missionaries". I'll get over it though. Right now I'm really working on having Christ-like love towards everyone:) I think I'm really funny- and I really loved my e-mail that I sent you all- but I'm just way mad it didn't go all the way through. Stay tuned for next week. I'm going to find my camera cord and get you some sweet pics of me rockin the pioneer status. Also! THanks to Aubs and Kaiti for the letters- you make my life worth living:)

 

my comps are still writing so I will write more. Painting the fence yesterday- I made a friend with a bumble bee. He was kind of annoying. I named him Bumble. I made a deal with one of the E. that when he gets this harness he's having this Amish guy make that I get to go down and RIDE THE HORSES! I don't know if that's legit- or even allowed- but I'm planning on it one of these pdays. The horses here are HUGE!!!!!!! And I'm going to talk like all the senior E. "giddy up them there horseys" It's gonna be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Also- let's see what else goes on. My bed is the top bunk. I almost killed myself this morning getting out of bed. I was just like looking over the side or something- but I hadn't put my feet down yet...... and I felt my equilibrium shift.. and I started falling.... and then my life flashed before my eyes:) I love running here. It's so sweet. It's SO pretty in the morning. I'm not terribly excited for it to start getting warm. Or for the bugs. I hate bugs. Especially since I'm brown- so they think I'm a tree and try to land on me:) ahahahahahahha. I just love preaching to people too. I love tours. I LOVE tours. I love bearing my testimony so much. It's such a unique thing to this mission I think. It's sweet. Everyone makes fun of me and how much oatmeal I eat. Whatevs. They're just jeal. Please just know how much I love you..... and how much everyone should just be a missionary all the time. Gospel is TRUE! and I love it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment