Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009

ok wow. I'm really sorry but this may be on the shorter side! I spent a lot of time trying to send out pics of me lookin all fine in my pioneer suit:) But! I'll try to make it good. We are going to the 10:00 session at the temple so I need to be done soon! By the way- my mission? THE BEST! Why? Because we get to go to the temple EVERY STINKIN WEEK! And a lot of times more than once a week. I'm just obsessed. I always have been. It's just so good. Tell Rachelley I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited she is going through the temple! Or already has? I'm writing her a letter. Oh man- it's so good. Ok. So! Where to even begin? I am not even sure. The schedule here is getting a lot more routine for me. I'm starting to adjust. So of course transfers are next week:) Unlike most missions- we have transfers every 4 weeks (or once a month for those of you who like math:)) ha! So we'll be finding out on Sunday our new comps. And I could possibly be out to Carthage again- this time more permanently:) Things are definitely starting to get busier around here! I've been giving a lot more tours at the VC- which makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! Giving tours just makes my life. Especially the part where I get to invite people to either accept missionaries or to refer one of their friends. It's just so good! I love it. The Spirit is always there (I pray for it like CRAZY the entire tour) and it's just so.... I don't even know. Real or something. It's kind of scary every time too- so I like feeling like I'm brave. Hahaha. Oh! I need Colie's address. Also! I got the package and everyone was WAY JEAL!!!!!! My family's the bomb.com! (favorite saying mom:)) and I'm SO excited to have my temple clothes today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been telling everyone about it. yes. And my comps and friends appreciated the cookies mamasita- so apparently they tasted good. I didn't have one yet- but I stashed them in my secret stash in the freezer. I have to do that or they will get eaten up. You can't leave ANYTHING sitting out in the kitchen. Or it will be eaten. One day I had popcorn for dinn and I had to go upstairs or something- I don't remember. But I SO was not even done eating my popcorn by then and when I came down like 30 min later- GONE. Oh sisters. So that's fun. Oh yes! Yesterday I had dinn with some SWEET seniors. Dean and Kathy Hughes. Sound familiar? They're pretty much famous mormons:) She was in the RS General Pres and he writes Children of the Promise books and such. They are the PR people here- so needless to say- I have always loved them! And Elder Hughes and I got on a little tangent about BYU football while we were there- haha- I don't think anyone else really appreciated it but us. Oh well. I need to talk sports every once and awhile or I'd probably die. I just LOVE my mission. I'm just happy all the time. Well- maybe not all the time. But I'm happy. If that makes sense? I don't know. I'm trying to not hate the YPM's so much. I don't hate them. I more just hate on them. If you know what I mean. YPM=young performing missionary. They're the ones in the play and such. So- this is probably really not good of me. But they just annoy me sometimes because they're always in the theatre practicing so I don't get to show movies to my visitor's and blah blah blah and yeah. So certain Sis that I love (I won't name names so that they can't be blamed:) ) well let me just say this- we have laser pointers we get to use on tours. And the YPM's come out of the theatre every once and awhile to do stuff. So we may or may not play this really fun game of laser pointering the YPM's. AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH oh man. I pee my pants every time. Because a) it's just funny b) they can never figure out where it's coming from c) we try to look inconspicuous (sp?) but we're really bad at it. So AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAh ok so one of the Sis (there are 3 of us) was doing it yesterday and this boy YPM just like finally turns around and yells "STOP!!!!!" like he just didn't even know what was going on but it bugged him and she goes "don't you EVER tell me what to do" AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh man. that story still gets me. And then we had to have an ice cream social with them on Sunday night after Susan Easton Black devo which PS- she is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She gave a fireside about women in Nauvoo which was amazing. She focused mainly on Mary Fielding Smith which was awesome because we don't hear about her very often. And I LOVED it. And she's amazing. And yes. Ok- so the sociable. I came up with the brilliant idea that all the Sisters we should sing everything that we said to the YPM's. You know- to try and relate to them..... or something. And so I was singing something I was saying and one of them was like "wow, you should try out to be a ypm next summer!" or something like that. totally serious. I about busted a gut. But you know- you need to have fun on your mish. Or you'd go crazy. And maybe it's that I'm already crazy? Who really knows. But do know that I take being a missionary VERY seriously. I just want to do what Heavenly Father needs me to do. And He is going to prepare people for the Gospel and prepare members to have friends who need the gospel and it's my responsibility to help them. And that responsibility  is HUGE! And I just feel very inadequate most of the time. But ! I know Heavenly Father will help me as long as I'm trying my hardest! Send my love to Gussy! Sorry I didn't get an e-mail just for him- maybe dearelder him this? And get the pics up on the blog too- Aubs' been dying for my pioneer pics. That means you Hann- mom I don't think will know how so teach her. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good.

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment