Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 28, 2010 fam fam

Family-

So this week was pretty great. Things are definitely starting to pick up around here. Vocal Point came this last week which was perfect for all the screaming young women on the youth tours. It was the commemoration of the Martyrdom yesterday. I was able to work at the Jail (we do temporary transfers on Sundays) and give a tour which was great. There was also a program that took place at the jail. The YPM's sang and the band played and then we tried to sing. It was great:) I gave a talk in church yesterday. I used a Holland quote that Rachelley gave me- she's such a good example to me! I wish I was half the missionary that I know she is. I've been trying to practice basic Spanish with Sister Cordoba for Pageant. I have so much respect for Elder Picard and his Spanish skills. Learning a language would have been muy dificil! But! I know he is just rocking it:) I'm so glad he's on a mission with me. I'm glad Rachelle is too. It's good to have good examples. It's been raining a lot still. Yeah- you know my e-mail is lame when all I can think to say is that it has been raining a lot. Oh! I know a funny story, then I'll finish up. So! We are only allowed to watch the YPM's show once this summer and S/Feltwell, Morgan, Schetselaar and I went last week. Do you think I will be weird when I get home? Let me just tell you the extent. So- this nice little play is called High Hopes and Riverboats. It's a musical about the history of Nauvoo. Last summer, I enjoyed it as nice wholesome entertainment. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awkwarded out this year. Every time anyone held anyone else's hand, or any of the lovey dovey stuff. Nope. I was not about that. I couldn't even watch. Then afterwards I went and told all of them how awkward it was for me. I think they thought I was weird. I think I'm weird. But- it is what it is. One of the Elders just got off of his real mission and came right here to perform. I asked him how in the world he was able to do it. I guess when they were on stage the director would tell him to like hold a girls hand or whatever and it would take like 5 minutes before he could do it. He said it was even more awkward because everyone was watching him. Oh yes- to be a missionary:) Well. I love you. Sorry I'm not more entertaining. I'll try and do something super duper exciting this week. I love the gospel. I LOVE teaching. I make my companion roleplay the lessons with me because I miss teaching them so much and it'll prepare her for the field. There is nothing ever ever EVER that will bring anyone more happiness than sharing the gospel. I love it:) I LOVE YOU! Be good- do work:)

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment