Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 26, 2010

Family-
Well, so much has been going on lately! Pageant is just crazy time around Nauvoo. It is SO fun though! I love feeling busy and that I have a purpose.
My most favorite thing that happened this week really doesn't have a whole lot to do with me. Each night at the Pageant all of the sisters, some of the elders from the Des Moines mission and the Pageant family cast are out actively seeking referrals from EVERYONE! This year has been incredible in the amount of referrals we have seen. Each night there is a cast meeting and some of the sisters are assigned to attend. I was able to go on Saturday. The night prior to that we had an INSANE night with referrals. We smashed the previous record. Almost doubled it. It was all thanks to these 3 young men. One of them got up to speak about it and the first words out of his mouth brought the Spirit so strong! I had visions of him as a missionary training everyone:) It made me miss my little brother! He and two of his friends had set a goal to get 500 referrals on Friday night. He spoke to us on the importance of setting goals. I was there at the missionary kiosk that night as they were getting referrals. When it was time for us to go they were begging us to stay because they only needed a few more. They ended up staying out till 12:30 that night. When all was said and done they had gathered 523 referrals. That is a miracle. A complete miracle. It was all according to the faith of those young men. I still can't get over it. They were all real referrals too, not just random names written down. Oh it just made me so happy to be a missionary! And so grateful to be a member of the Church!
Bishop Keith B. McMullin spoke to us and I don't remember if I wrote to you about that. We have had a LOT of General Authorities coming through lately. It's that time of year:) But a few of the times he addressed us have been my favorite so far this summer. He gave one talk just to the young missionaries here. I had been having a difficult time coming to terms with the fact that I will be going home (if you can imagine) and everything he said addressed every concern I might have had. It's amazing what the Spirit can do! Even if his words weren't a perfect fit for my situation, what the Spirit spoke to me was. I LOVE IT! I love church. I love Jesus Christ! My most favorite thing is to testify of Him. All the time.
On a lighter note! I was working at the VC on Friday and had just come in for my shift and guess who I see walking through the front door? BECCA ANDERSON! Well- not Anderson anymore, and her husband! I flipped! It was definitely a blessing for me. Such a tender mercy to be able to see her. It made me feel good about life. And that not everyone has forgotten that I exist. And she was so cute and happy! It still makes me happy. Oh man. I am currently smiling because of it:) Also- a few of the sisters from last year including my favorite favorite trainer S/Brinkerhoff are here. That has also helped me to be happy! Heavenly Father is just blessing me a lot lately. He must love me I think:)
Last little tid bit to show you that I am still Sister Picard. So we have a lost and found here in the VC. For several weeks we had this little toy dalmation that barks and moves and wags its tail. So I finally decided no one was coming to claim him. So I did. For the VC. He is our official dog. His name is Pork Chop. Or Chop Chop. Choppy. Porky. Chop Su-i (no idea how to spell that) or whatever else you like to call him. I call him tension relief. :) And everyone probably thinks I'm crazy. But! What else is new! He makes us all laugh.
Well I love you! So does Jesus Christ! I am learning that more and more each day:) Be good. Do work:)
Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment