Saturday, July 31, 2010

july 19, 2010

Family!

So- my life is just crazy crazy crazy right now! Pageant is in full swing. Long nights and busy days! It's fun thought. It keeps my mind occupied and time is just flying. I had a lot of really neat experiences this past week. Now that it is actually time to write them down, I kind of forget everything. It is raining like crazy outside right now. So that is also distracting me. I love the rain. It's pretty much like a monsoon. Oh I know! It has been really hot and humid out here lately. Good news is, I got a little tan when I've been outside greeting for Pageant things. Bad news is I think I sweated out about 0298403984234092384 gallons in the meantime. I was serving in the VC and I saw this guy named Josh I had worked with in the Ath Dept so that was exciting. Then he said, "Do you want to meet my wife?" and I said, "Sure!" and come to find out she was the girl who had taken my job. So! Moral of the story is! My going on a mission helped them to final eternal wedded bliss. Thank you thank you:) Referrals have been amazing this year! I don't know what is in the water, but we have been just raking them in! People that are coming to the Pageant are so prepared! Before the Pageant we go out and try to get referrals from the visitors. Sometimes there are so many people it is hard to know who to talk to. I was in the Pre-Show and I said a little prayer to Heavenly Father asking Him to please help me know who to talk to. I then saw this couple and went over to talk to them. Turns out that they were non-members from the area and they self-referred! I love it. I also have really enjoyed being able to start making calls on Pageant referrals. Not that I don't love the other kind too, but Pageant referrals are just the BEST! My companion, Sister Pulleyn, is great. I am in the big room now so there are six of us living in one room. Don't worry, we have lots of room unity. The other morning two of the companionships walk out to go to preparation meeting and we were all wearing green shirts. We got lots of weird looks, but we were definitely unified:) I love being a missionary! I think it's great. I love my life! I was able to serve at Carthage yesterday. It's kind of bittersweet because I wasn't able to serve there at all this summer, only on Sundays. So I miss the Spirit that is SO present there. The tours there are the best. I feel like it isn't Sister Picard speaking at all there. Truth be told, I am kind of lame by myself. I can feel the Spirit testifying through me while I am there though. I think that is why I love it there so much. It has been a real privilege to be able to serve the Lord in a place that is so special to so many people. It is very humbling. I mean that sincerely- I hope I don't sound like I am just saying that to say it. Well! I need to get to gettin! Sorry- I'll write longer..... sometime. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good. Life is good.

Sister Picard
PS- Explanation of the title of my e-mail. People make fun of me all the time because my shoes are falling apart. And my tights are falling apart. And my knee highs have holes in them. And my clothes are all thrashed. So- sometimes I just want to say that line. That's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment