Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 21, 2010 the sociable

Family-

So! This is the business. My life is really really good right now. I love being a missionary. I love teaching the people here in Nauvoo. I LOVE reading the Book of Mormon. I love all the fantastic rain storms we get here. Okay funny story for you. So- most of you know I tend to have a fairly "chill" personality. Well- at least I think I do. Maybe you think I don't. But also I may be a lot more chill since I've been a missionary. Actually I know I've chilled out a lot. Ok- sorry. So! We had a pretty big storm the other week and it was like thunder, lightning, maybe a little bit frightening (haha name that song) and then it started hailing or something too I'm not sure but it was past 10:30 and I was in my bed trying to sleep. Then all the sisters in my room started randomly freaking out about life and running around and getting their shoes on? I have no idea what getting shoes on was going to do to save them in case of emergency but whatever. So everyone was running around screaming about this tornado and this is the account from Sister Barry. I guess she walked by my room and saw me and I sat up and looked at everyone (ps I was on the top bunk and definitely had messed up hair) then I just pulled the blanket back over head and laid back down. I figure, "Hey, I'm on a misson. There is absolutely nothing I can do about a tornado. So, let the chips fall.... where they may." Ha. So! We've been having lots of storms lately. In other news! We had our sociable last night. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that that is over with FOREVER! Sociables over for-EVA! I was roped into singing, but! the good news is that Sister Morgan and I had a duet. I love her so much! We had a lot of MTC companionship unity going on. It was fun, but I'm glad it's over. I had so many awesome families come through the VC this week! I LOVE sweet families! We don't have the privilege of working with a ward so for the week they become my people. It was funny because I had met this one family in the VC and they came to my site the next day so I could give them a tour and I flipped when I saw them and they told the sister I was with that we were BFF's. She asked how I knew them after they left and I said we met in the VC yesterday:) There were two couples that came in from Brazil. I was able to use my sweet Brazilian slangs that Sister Neves would always teach me. They LOVED that. I really appreciated that Heavenly Father loves me enough to have allowed me to be the one to meet them. I don't think it would have meant as much to any of the other sisters but I just loved being with them so much. I love being a missionary. I love to testify of the gospel, even if it's singing on a stage (which is something I definitely did NOT sign up for:)) I love all of you so much!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being so supportive of me. I love you mucho:) Do work!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment