Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

Family!

Well- I have about two seconds to write to you. We don't have a preparation day this week because all of the 2nd summer sisters are going with President and Sister Ludwig to Springfield to go see the Presidential Library this week. Should be neat. However, I lose out on my day of rest:) Alas!

Most important things first. Pageant is over! We were able to receive SO many referrals this year it was amazing! I love it. I'm tired. It was great. Love it. Actually that wasn't the most important thing. The most important thing is that Elder Neal L. Anderson from the Quorom of the Twelve was here this past week. He was filming for the new Special Witnesses of Christ and reorganizing the Pageant Presidency. It was actually kind of funny what happened one day. We had just gotten off shift and had to go greet and we were early so I thought, "I want to go see the river!" So I drove to the river and there was a big film crew and everything down there. Ha. I must be really in tune, just drawn to where apostles are! :) I was able to listen to him speak on several different occassions. The best was we had a special meeting with him at the mission home. I could really spend forever writing about that, but I have approximately 2 seconds left. Sum up- I need to get married! Also- this is something I think was so important. Elder Anderson is a great guy and everything, but I never really felt anything different around him generally speaking. However, as soon as he started testifying of Jesus Christ the Spirit that filled the room was so tangible you could have cut it with a knife. It was INCREDIBLE! I was thinking afterwards, really Elder Anderson is a regular guy with a great responsibility. As soon as he started to doing what is unique to his calling and testifying as a special witness of Christ, wow, it was amazing. I will never ever ever be able to deny him being an Apostle of the Lord. And! I will never be able to deny that Christ is our Savior and that He lives. What a great experience! I'll tell you more about it later. :)

Well! I love you a lot! I'll try to write more next week! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Be good- do work :)

Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment