Saturday, June 5, 2010

May 31, 2010 we're glad you're here at sunset by the mississippi!

Family-

Well, let me just think. So! Remember how I said that our air conditioner wasn't working last week? Well- it continued to not work for a little while longer:) Let me just say, I am SO grateful for the modern miracle of air conditioning! After a few days of roasting to death we were finally able to get some swamp coolers. I didn't really know what those were, but now we have some in our house until they can figure out the air conditioning. Whatever they are- I am glad they are there! One night I guess it got up to 96 degrees plus in our house. That is pretty hot. But! It's over now. I have a new appreciation for the pioneers and for people with out air conditioners. Also, the rest of the summer I won't feel hot at all:) So! I don't mean that to sound like complaining- I just thought you'd like to know. Also so that I will remember that great experience for the rest of my life.

So- here is the most exciting thing of my week! Sister Jillian Dennis from my Jersey mission came to visit me this week!!!!!! It was SO good to see her! Although- she came and I gave her a tour of the Wilford Woodruff house so she saw me in my pioneer duds. Oh the humiliation:) It has been great to have her here. Although it does make me really heartsick for Jersey. Alas- it is what it is! Nauvoo is great. We've been able to go to the temple a lot which is a real blessing. We were actually going last week to do some ordinances and then a woman stopped my companion and I and asked if we would please do some work for her ancestors. I said of course we would! (don't worry- I'm pretty sure my companion wanted to as well:) ) We saw that woman later on that night and she was so grateful that we had done that for her. I really appreciated that. Today we went to the temple and did sealings. We were able to be there with a woman who was sealing her grandparents to her father. The Spirit was very strong in the room. I love sealings. Everything about our religion leads to families being together FOREVER. Getting to be a part of a family actually being sealed or connected to each other for all eternity, well that is best feeling in the world to me. The church is so true. I can't imagine anything that would ever make me happier than knowing I get to be with my family forever. I can't imagine any family that fits me better either! I know that I am supposed to be a member of this family and I thank my Heavenly Father for letting me be a Picard every day- and not just because we're so stinkin funny... ;) Ha! Oh I miss you. Things are going well here though. I'm sorry I missed Hann's graduation. I'm sure it went really well. I'm so proud of my little sid! She's a smarty! I also hope that Buddy passed his life guarding class. I can't believe how big he looks in all the pics you sent. It weirds me out, he's such a big kid now! PS- Thank you for the pics! Everyone always loves looking at pics of my family:)

I just thought of something else that was fun this week! There is a shortage of senior missionaries in the church so they sent a lot of missionaries here this summer as "service missionaries" so that they wouldn't have to go to the MTC. The missionary department said they wanted those couples to go through a Preach My Gospel training so the young sisters helped in giving them that. I was able to spend a couple of days this past week training the seniors!!!!!!! It was AWESOME! They all have such amazing testimonies. It is really hard to try and fit PMG into a VC setting, but all the seniors that went through the training really understand it now and are more excited for the work. It also reminded me of how fun it is to testify through the tours. I think that we will see an even more dramatic increase in referrals. You know what that means- more time in the call center! I just hope that I can always be doing whatever it is the God needs me to be doing at that time. I really enjoyed teaching the seniors. It made me think maybe I'll have to go and teach at the MTC or something.... :)

Well! My life is really good- don't worry about me. All of the summer shows started this week so that should be fun. Summer is really here and things have started to pick up. We're staying really busy in the VC and the sites. Sister McIntosh is a great companion and we get a long very well. We're going to Burlington today to go shopping! They have a Target there, it is a BIG deal ok? :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good. I miss you so much, but it's an okay kind of missing I think.:) LOVE YOU!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment