Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010 my life is good...realllly good :))

Family-

Okay- this week was a particularly good week. Let me tell you something. Mom is always right about everything. I remember when I was little and would be bored or upset or whatever Mom would always say, "Well you are choosing to be bored, so fix it." Or something like that. And then I would get mad at her for saying something so dumb.:) However! Now I am really a believer, and have been for quite some time. We have complete control over our attitudes and outlook on life. This past week I decided everything was going to be AWESOME! And guess what? It was:)

All week long I was trying my very hardest to make everyone that came into the VC or my site know that they were the coolest people in Nauvoo and that there was absolutely nothing else I would rather be doing than talking to them. I made some BFF Beehives from a ward in Indiana. This is the best part of the week. So I gave them a tour at the VC and then I gave them a challenge for when they went to the temple the next day to do baptisms for the dead. The next day they came back to see me (I was serving at the Post Office) and each of them reported to me on the challenge without me even asking! I had asked them to each pick out at least one name while they were doing baptisms and pray for that person and ask specifically that they would accept the gospel. They all came in and told me all the names that they had prayed for! They also said that they had a great experience while they were there. Then they all wrote me little notes. And asked if they could add me on Facebook:) HA! I saw them periodically throughout their time here and it was so fun! We also gave a tour to some RC's from Chicago that was amazing. I love hearing people's conversion stories. Heavenly Father decided to really bless us and I was able to receive three non-member self-referrals in one day last week! It was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really think a big part of it was that I was trying so hard to be happy about whatever circumstance I was in, even if I didn't want to be in it. I know it's hard to believe, but being a VC sister can be pretty tiring, we have a busy schedule. Oh I have to tell you a funny story. Sister McIntosh and I set a goal to not sit down for an entire shift once and make sure that we were always talking to people. I don't know why but I was wearing heels that day. We had a seven hour shift that day. Standing for that long in high heels- not the smartest idea in the world. But! We did it. And it was fun. I like challenges though- kind of my personality I guess. You couldn't have made me sit down:) In other news, one of the Elders found a baby raccoon. Sister McIntosh named him Melvin. He's a pretty cute little guy. Lots of wildlife here in good ol Nauvoo:) I got to go running the rain this past week with Sister Sorensen. That was my other favorite thing that happened. It was SO good to get pics of Hann's graduation. She looks gorgeous as per usual. Also- I LOVED Buddy and Ben's outfits- I think I will pee my pants when I get to see that video:) Thanks to Baby for the beautiful artwork- she really knows how to draw some master.... pieces:) HA! See- I'm still funny:) I love you all so much. There is nothing better than the gospel of Jesus Christ. Keep being good- Do work. LOVE YOU!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment