Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010 "when it snows, it snows...now that is an intelligent title"








Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well. Let me just think. You may or may not have heard that we have been having some inclement weather up here in Jersey. Lots and lots of snow! A couple of days last week we weren't able to drive because of how crazy it was. I have lived in lots of snow before. This isn't new to me. But the storm was really crazy! It just DUMPED snow. Everywhere. But! We still were able to go out and work. We just walked everywhere. It was funny because our area is definitely a driving area for a reason. So we picked a couple of houses that didn't look too far away on the map and started walking. Good thing I have no skill at map reading or I would have known how far we were trying to walk. Regardless, two hours later we finally show up at a part-member's house which was actually CLOSER than the recent converts house we were initially going to. The recent convert canceled on us when we were about a block away from her house. After we were almost there. I almost passed out in the snow bank. I didn't know what to do with my life. But! We got to teach a really good lesson to the family we did see. So! It was worth it. I felt all pioneer-ish trudging through the snow. It was deep. The walks hadn't been shoveled yet. Every once and awhile a bus or big car would go by and splash us with yucky snow. It was pretty great. :) We're really trying hard right now to find new investigators. This area is awesome, but it's one of the nicer areas. Sometimes people don't like to listen to us too much:) BUT! We are trying. And we'll keep trying. I don't know what else to say. Oh- this is kind of funny. I mean this very kindly. It makes me laugh. Ok- so my companion is from Brazil. So her English is good, but she definitely still has a way thick accent. She likes to sing every appointment that we go to. I'm down with that. So we are at this one member's house and they all hate to sing. So we make them sing with us. The song starts out and all I could think of was Christmas story when all the Chinese people are singing Deck the Halls and it's way off pitch and no one can pronounce the words. I was gut-busting in my head. But I had to keep singing out loud. Oh MAN! It was so funny. Bless everyone's heart for trying to sing. What am I talking about. It's not as though I am Ms. American Idol. You just had to be there. I know you would have appreciated it. Well! I love you! Keep being good. I'll try and do something interesting like get a baptism or something. :) PS! I was going through pics and saw that old family picture with Pomas (IS HE GETTING MARRIED OR WHAT?!?!?) and Daniel is doing his turtle turtle face. I about peed my pants from laughing. Oh goodness. It's good to laugh. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment