Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 22, 2010 "Fearbuster"

Family-


Well well well. I was transferred! Believe it or not. I kind of thought I was going to die in Paterson, which I wouldn't have minded at all. It's a cool place. Probably the best ever. Luckily! I was transferred to the best ever place! Yes I know, there are multiple best evers. Well. Let's see. There is just too much to ever talk about. At the same time, nothing really to talk about. :) My new companion is Sister Neves. She came out with Sister Black so she is still pretty new. Well- I am still pretty new:) HA! She is from Brazil. She reminds me of my dear Sister Granja whom I love and miss so much! Okay. I have a funny story. Then I am just kind of bored of writing e-mails. I'm sorry. I've just kind of hit that wall I guess. It was bound to happen sometime. So I hope I'm not disappointing anyone. Maybe then they should write me and give me some questions or something to write about:) ha! So! We went to Newark for “Fear Buster” last Monday night. It's when the new missionaries first get here and we go to downtown Newark and contact. It's pretty fun. Actually- it's really fun. Actually- I LOVE it! I love talking to people. (Now you are rolling your eyes are saying, “duh- you like hearing yourself talk that's what:)”) okay! Back to the story! It had been snowing and we may have gotten stuck (well- I got us stuck) in a little bit of snow. In downtown Newark. So these guys came over and started to talk to Sister Black (I was in the car remember.) I guess she must have been looking a wee bit frightened because then the guy goes, “Relax, I'm a cop.” and flashes his gun and badge thing. They were undercover. So then they pushed us out of the snow and let us park for free in this parking lot! So then! We went to the park where we contact people. It's always fun to see all the different kinds of people. My favorite was this big black woman. I kept trying to talk to her about the church and about how we have a living prophet and the Book of Mormon etc etc and she kept telling me about her church of the prophets that she goes to and how she is a seer! (a SEE-uh) then she would start stomping and speaking in tongues. It was pretty awesome. I am really excited to be serving here in Emerson. It's definitely different from Paterson, but it will be awesome! I had a nice little surprisey on Sunday. It was the first time I'd ever been to church here, and who walks in? Some of my favorites from Paterson! They had found out where I was transferred to and came to church. Then they went to Paterson right after:) Double church- double blessings:) It was so good to see them! As corny as it may sound- it makes me really excited for after we die and we are all together again! It will be so happy! SO happy! It makes me want to make sure that I am doing what I'm supposed to so I can be with all my friends:) I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! Be good. Do work. Of the missionary variety:) Thanks for being awesome. I LOVE YOU!


Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment