Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 8, 2010 "mario. said like MAH-rio. all jersey :) mah like ma-c and cheese. for clarification.

InboxX

Reply


Family-


I just randomly got a Nauvoo song stuck in my head. Hmm. Odd. What is really odd is how soon I am going back. Crazy how time flies when you are having fun:)

I am trying to think of something very exciting to tell you. Maybe I'll make something up:) I really do enjoy serving in the Emerson ward. We have really good people here and I like serving in a ward. I also liked serving in a branch. I pretty much like serving I think. :) I was able to go to the CES fireside last night (we had an investigator who wanted to go even though he is way hecka old. Whatevs. If he wants to listen, who am I to stop him? :) ) But! Guess who was there?! Marianne my favorite came up from Paterson since it was a YSA activity. It was so good to see her. It was good to see other people from the branch as well. I love having all these new friends! So, what else was I going to say about that... oh yes. For the first time in a long time, well probably since I have been on my mission, I saw something related to BYU and I didn't miss it at all. Not to say that I've absolutely been pining away to see Provo again, but usually I at least think of it fondly. No, this time I didn't even care that I saw the Marriott Center. Now THAT is crazy huh? I must love this mission business or something. :)

I'm sorry, I really am trying to think of something interesting, but nothing is coming. It's been getting a lot warmer here. So I get to run on the track in the mornings! Not up and down the street. That is no fun. But it was the only place that was plowed from the snow :) So I had been driving home the way that goes by the track every day to see if the snow had finally melted off and then at the end of last week it did!!!! So then I started screaming, “YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” and my companion laughed at me. Oh silly Americans:) We are still trying to find us some new investigators. We have several really solid investigators with appointments every week who come to church every week. They just aren't so much into the whole “getting baptized” business. I vote we just trip them into the font. :) Kidding! That is not very Christlike of me! I am trying to be patient. Things happen on the Lord's time not mine? Right? Right. I do miss everyone. At the same time I know I am going to miss New Jersey. It's crazy how many emotions you can feel at once while on a mission. And it sure is weird for me:) But I love it. I love being a missionary. I love being a servant of the Lord. I love this time that I get to focus on what is most important. I know that the rest of my life will be different because of the time that I've had to serve God's children. I'm so glad that He allowed me to be a missionary. I'm a lucky duck! I love you!!!!!!! Be good!!!!!!!!! Do work.


Sister Picard


No comments:

Post a Comment