Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010 it's been a minute:) (that's jersey slang for ya!)

Family-


I wish that my life was a little bit more interesting, but alas! You must listen to me each week tell you how cool it is to be a missionaryJ Things that happened that I loved this week. Ok! I have to tell you. We were over at a members house last night and I love this family so much. The mother and father are going to the temple this Saturday to receive their own endowment. Then hopefully they will get sealed soon after that! They have the CUTEST little black babies I have ever seen before ever. AJ is their baby baby and he will be two soon. He got my tag from me and he was wearing it last night. Man. The whole not holding kid rule is SO lame. So I give them all lots and lots of big hugs. That is one of my favorite things about being a missionary. All the little kids LOVE to give us hugs. We get bombarded every time we see them. I love kids. I LOVE kids. I will probably have a bajillion. You can thank Sister Bahr for that. She’s my hero. J Speaking of the Bahr’s! We got to go to Stake Conference for the Caldwell Stake yesterday because we were the special music! Sister Black is the pianist, so we had to go even though we aren’t in that stake. The stake conference was split into two sessions, one Spanish and one English. New Jersey is awesome. Elder Stephen B. Jones of the 70 was there. The talks that were given were awesome. I really liked them. Surprisingly enough, I understood most of the Spanish meeting. This sounds really crazy, but sometimes I feel like I know Spanish, even though I don’t. I mean- I didn’t really ever study it that much or anything, but it seems like it makes sense to me. So! I did really want to go Spanish speaking, but I figure that would have been too easy of a way to learn it. So instead I’m going to learn it when I go back to school. I’m going to learn a million languages I’ve also decided since being here. Oh New Jersey! I also discovered yesterday that I can definitely tell the difference between a Jersey and New York accent. I guess I’m really a Jersey girl nowJ So! Today we get to go to the mission home to practice for a musical number. Am I the only one that sees the hilarity of being involved in SO many stinking musical numbers? We’re also performing at church on Sunday with a recent convert. Crazy crazy that’s what I have to say about that. I love being on my mission. I love that I get to study the gospel so much. I know that it’s a time when I get to help others, but I see how much the Lord is really helping me to not be such a lame-oJ Sometimes I feel guilty because of all the blessings that I see in my life. So then it makes me think about D&C 82:10. I know that I have been given SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much in my life. I also know that there is a reason for it. God expects me to use my blessings and talents to further His work. I’m happy to do whatever it is that He needs done. The more we give to the Lord the happier our lives are. That is a true principle. I know that. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! I miss you!!!!!!!!!! Give Baby big hugs from me on her fantastic birthday! And dance a lot! And partay it up Picard style. Only like we canJ I LOVE YOU! Be good!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment