Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 11, 2010 "New Jersey is for lovers!"

Family!

Well, it sounds like you may have been a wee bit concerned about me last week. Sorry about that. No need to fret. I am absolutely fine. I’m a missionary- God takes care of me.  But! It has been decided I’m hypoglycemic. So that’s lame. But! Now I don’t have to eat things I don’t want to. I just tell people, “Sorry I’m hypoglycemic I can’t eat that.” I’m telling you- when I am made queen of the world I’m going on a crusade about healthy eating in the church. Because it doesn’t exist. It’s a problem. Sisters should not all gain weight on their missions. Or become hypoglycemic. But! That is my soap box so I should get off it so I keep this letter nice and cheery. 
I hope that you had a good new year! And that mama had a good birthday! Sister Black and I went outside after we got done planning and shot of these little poppers that her mom sent her. We held them up by our foreheads, spun around three times and then said “BAPTIZE SOMEONE! SALUD!” and then we shot them off. We’re not quite sure what salud means, but we think it will probably help us get a baptism. 
I love the members in our Branch. I think it has been a really great experience for me to see how truly dedicated to the gospel people here have to be. There isn’t a big support system. If you are an active member of the church, you WILL have 32094804 callings and be expected to pull your own weight because there aren’t enough people around to baby you. People here have to have strong testimonies of the gospel, and it’s hard. That’s why we have so many less actives. Sister Black and I feel like we’ve made a lot of progress with the less actives in our area and we’re continuing to push our progressing investigators towards baptism. Pray for us!
I love life. I love being a missionary. I love the kind of lifestyle that I get to live while being a missionary. I’m kind of freaking out knowing that it will end. Don’t worry though- I’ll try not to be one of those weirdo freako nun RM girls. Can’t make any promises though! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much! Be good!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment