Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 7, 2009 "Racoon Pig thing?!?!?"

Family!

Well- I'm not exactly sure how long this e-mail is going to be able to be because all of these crazy little kids are now here from school and well- I might have to go because I'm kicked off the computer. Oh the wonders of public library computers. I am grateful though. I love listening to 13 year old girls talk about Twilight while I write to you.
So! What is new? It has snowed here. That's fun. It's starting to get pretty cold.
Ok I'm stressing out because I feel like I need to write but that I have no time because I have this little timer and this little asian kid is looking over my shoulder and telling me how much time I have left. Which is now 7 minutes. So! The work is going well. I'm obsessed with my new companion. She is amazing. She taught me how to do a gollum voice. So now we talk like that all the time. Also- we invented a new game that we play in the morning with the Elders. It's called fried chicken & pizza (kind of a NJ thing) but it's way sweet. She works so hard and we are always tired but we LOVE IT!
So really quick funny story since I have no time. We were out knocking and it was really cold and we get up to this door and as we're walking up the walk I see this animal thing and I was like "Sister! I think I just saw some huge animal thing!" ok maybe that is not what I said but it was something like that and she just thought it was a cat or something. So then we're standing up on the porch of these people and we hear this weird squeeling snorting pig like I don't even know what kind of noise and we see this HUGEEEEE O giant racoon pig thing and I was freaking out and almost started screaming because it was running at us but then it ran underneath this car. Pretty sure we stayed up on the porch waiting to see if it would come out for like five minutes. But then we decided we needed to man it out and keep knocking so we got off the porch and were running towards the next house and the house we come to has this guy who is a minister named Father John so they let us write in and talk about how much they love Jesus and then as we're leaving Father John's friend kissed me on the cheek. So! That was a really interesting event........................
I have three minutes! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! sorry this is lame. Curse those little kids. The Church is true. I didn't get to see the Christmas devotional because we didn't get the signal which was sad. But! Life is good. I love you all! I'll try to get back on a comp and maybe write more! AHHH I have no time. I love you. Be good.
Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment