Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 14, 2009 "here I go here I go here I go now"

Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well- this past week was kind of crazy! We had SO much going on. On Wednesday we had a Mission Conference which was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You will be surprised to hear that I was in a musical number? What? Weird. I know. My companion is very musically inclined. The Spirit was SO strong during parts of the conference. I am so blessed to be in such an amazing mission! NJ Morristown is where it’s at! Wow- that sounded dweeby. I’m sorry- I’m a missionary. I feel like there is so much I could tell you about but that would just take forever so you’ll have to read my journals when I go home.  We also had a Christmas Brunch with all the sisters at the mission home. It was fun. I miss Nauvoo sisters though- there is just somethin special about those gals ;) Goodness I told you. I’m getting so lame! What to do what to do. We also had a branch Christmas party which was fun. We also had another mission musical fireside. This time it was in espanol. That was pretty neat.
Oh! I know what to write about. So! We’ve been really blessed because we are in an awesome branch. We’re trying really really hard to get the members more involved and they are starting to trust and love us now which is AWESOME! We’ve seen lots of miracles in that regard. I still feel like a clueless crazy a lot of the time. We opened here so I’ve only been here a transfer and now I’m trying to be the one that actually knows what is going on…… but! It’s Heavenly Father’s work not mine so I just have to try my best! So! You would think that I have lived in lots of cold places before in my life so that I may have been prepared for the sudden drop in temperatures here. Oh NO!!!!!! Heck to the stinkin no. So this week like I said has been crazy crazy and Sister Black and I need to get more finding in so we are going out to find and it said it was like 23 degrees outside on our little car thermometer but we get outside the car and it was sooooooo windy and soooooooo stinkin cold I did not even know what to do with myself! I mean- my face was literally freezing off. We would get up to doors and I would try to talk and just drool on myself while my nose was running (ok that might be a slight exaggeration.) But! We had set a goal that we needed to meet for finding so we were out knocking for a few hours and we couldn’t even walk right we were so cold so I’m sure all the people that saw us just thought, “who are you crazies!? What are you doing?!” In fact, you might think that they would have let us in easier, no no no. They just called us crazy for being out in the cold and told us to go get some coffee. Then we said we couldn’t and to have a WONDERFUL Christmas!  But! We were also fasting because we had been doing this 12 days of Christmas Branch Fast for Missionary work EXTRAVAGANZA! (good name huh? Good idea huh?  ) so it was our day this same day. And we get up to this one door and we smelled the food from outside. And it is an Indian family (not our kind of Indian- India Indian) and they open the door and let us right in and we started to unthaw a little and try to talk about the gospel but the person who spoke English had to go to work but the mother who was there wanted to know if we wanted to eat anything and remember- at this point in life we were about ready to keel over and it was amazing INDIAN FOOD THAT I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE and it smelled so stinkin good and we had to politely decline because “we have another appointment to go to” oh man. So yeah- that day was kind of crazy. We just laughed and laughed about it. But hopefully we now have a potential who can make us tasty tasty In dian food Since I know Daddy just LOVES it! Eat em up yum!
I am so grateful to be a missionary. It’s just crazy. I don’t even know how else to describe it. I love it so much and at the same time it can be crazy sometimes. Heavenly Father has just blessed me so much it blows my mind. It makes me want to cry sometimes (I know- quote me on that ) It’s really amazing how much you can just love people. Everyone needs to do missionary work. It’s what will make you truly happy I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Thanks for being the best family in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though- best. Family. Ever. And I get to talk to you soon! I just remembered that I got really happy the other day. Crazy business. Well- love you! Be good!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment