Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009 "Love me some mission"

Family!!!!!!!

Wow. My life is good. REALLY good. Thanksgiving was amazing. We had five different dinner appointments. Bless all the branch members hearts! They didn’t even make me stuff my guts. I was so grateful. My favorite thing that we ate was this corn bread stuff that a branch member made for us. That’s pretty much all I ate. Then I just picked at other stuff. Oh! I had a piece of pie at one place. Rolls at another. Weird- I really love yams?! Who knew. I love this Filipino yam fake ice cream stuff with coconut. And I like sweet potato pie? Who knew? Who knew.
On to the more important aspects of my life- missionary work! We just had transfers on Wednesday. My new companion is Sister Black and she is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! She is from Ft. Worth, TX and straight out of the MTC! I love her. SO much! We are going to get so much done this transfer. She is a really hard worker who loves to be obedient. She is my kind of woman! And she is also really funny. It’s been so funny because we will start to quote things to each other like I would quote with Hann and we totally understand each other! It’s amazing. We have fun. We do work. That’s all that is
Ok- My computer session is going to end so I’m going to send this and then keep writing.

Ok! So! Let’s get back to what I was writing about. Which I kind of forget now. I’ll try to bring it back though. Ok.
OH! This is a good story. So! Sister Black and I were going to go to an appointment with an investigator and the woman wasn’t home so we were walking back to the car and I just really felt strongly that we should go and knock this house. I am sure that it seemed pretty random to her, but I said, “Sister, let’s go knock this house.” So we did! We got up to the door and both of us had forgotten to take out our cards so Sister Black said, “Well, I guess they’ll just have to let us in!” (Don’t you just love her! She is amazing!) We got to talking to the girl that opened the door and found out that she and her mother were just about to leave. She sounded fairly interested to we asked to set up an appointment to come back. She told us that she is at her cousin’s house a lot and that her cousin is a member of our church. When we asked who her cousin was, we found out that it was a less active young woman in our branch who we have been trying really hard to help reactivate. It was a miracle! We are now working with the less active on coming back to church and are hoping to start teaching her cousin. I know that it wasn’t just a coincidence we happened to knock on that door. Something I have really been trying to do as a missionary is to always give God a reason to trust me. I would really hope that He knows that He can prompt me to do anything and I will do it. I know that as we act on those promptings, no matter how small or insignificant, we are showing the Lord that we are willing to do His work His way and He will bless us for it.
We had our Mission Christmas fireside last night. I was so blessed! I got to see the Bradshaw’s AND my good friend from school Brianna Haynie!!!!!! (Who is gorgeous and amazing and I LOVE her! And I loved seeing her. Oh- it just made my life.) The Bradshaws- oh goodness. I can’t even tell you how good it was to see them! It was so weird Becca and I both said that it felt like just yesterday we had seen each other. I guess that’s how it goes with certain people. I think the thing I loved the most about seeing them was it felt like I was seeing my family. And I love you guys! So it was neat to be around people like you. Maybe not quite as cool- but close Oh they are amazing! The Spirit was so strong at the fireside. We sang a bunch of different Christmas songs. The real focus was on Christ so we also sang one of my favorites, This is the Christ. It’s been a favorite ever since I’ve been a VC sister because of this one movie we have to show people (they show it in Temple Square.) There was definitely something really powerful about so many missionaries sharing their testimonies of Christ through music. I was so grateful to be a part of it!
WELL!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be good.
Sister Picard
PS- I have apparently totally forgotten my name. It sounded so weird to hear Brianna and the Bradshaw’s call me my first name. Weird- I can’t even type it ha. What a dweebo.

1 comment:

  1. haha AHHH I just love Sara!! She is so fantastic and it was so fun to see her on Sunday!! She looks just as beautiful as ever and I can tell she is such a fantastic missionary!

    ReplyDelete