Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009 "It's not about the lights, it's about the love"

Family-
Well. Most of the time I sit down at the computer to begin writing and I have absolutely no idea what to write about. That’s life I suppose. I love all the people in my branch. We have a veritable UN. Not even joking. There are people from everywhere. And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I also love my companion. Sister Black is awesome. We have lots of fun. While working hard. Which is good. It makes life worth living.  Happy Anniversary to the padres! Happy Birthday to Joseph Smith, Jesus and Hann. I’m so sorry I’m so lame I can’t even think what to write about. It will be nice and exciting to be able to speak to you! It weirds me out though and kind of gives me anxiety. Or something.
This week we had several experiences where it was so evident that the Lord was guiding us to find certain people. I want so badly for everyone I speak with to get baptized. If they only knew! Oh that I were an angel status! I am really hoping that I will be able to do all the work that the Lord has for me to do in this area. I get nervous that I’m not working hard enough or doing enough or that I’m good enough. I guess that’s the humility kicking in I love being able to feel the Spirit when we teach. I love being able to see the difference in a person as they come to know the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so apparent in both investigators and less actives when the light of Christ begins to come back into their lives. All I want to do is to bring that kind of happiness to everyone that I can.
OH duh. We went to the temple on Saturday! Wow. That was only two days ago. Weird. So! I was in NYC! Which was fun. Because we see it each day, but it still seems like it is so far away. The temple in Manhattan is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to stay there all day long forever and ever. We were able to go with some of the members of our branch. All of them are so amazing and are such awesome examples to me of how I should be a member missionary. They have extremely strong testimonies and a true desire to share the gospel with everyone that they meet. Literally. Everyone. It’s AWESOME! I was able to do the work for Grandma Marie which was a great experience. I’m glad that you were able to also go to the temple that day. That makes me happy. I love New York. It was so fun to be there. I love the temple. That was a good day. OH. Also of note before I end this little sesh. I was a musical number yesterday at church! Please stop laughing now. It was crazy. But our branch doesn’t do musical numbers so Sister Black and I decided to change that and the Christmas entertainment!  She played a gorgeous song on the piano (Silent Night and Still, Still, Still REMIX!  ) and then accompanied me. I only agreed to do it so she would play that beautiful song. I thought you might get a kick out of that. But! I need to go! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m excited and kind of nervous to speak with you. The whole concept just still weirds me out. I think I’ll be calling around 7 or 8 our time. And don’t worry- there are members here who are gonna love us right up! Oh! I have to tell you about this sweet game that we invented that we make the Elders play with us each morning at exercise. It’s called munchkins and minions. And the Elders totally love it…. Maybe No I think that they actually do. It makes you run around a lot. Which is the point of exercise you know. And it is just too frigid to go outside and run. Bleh. Ok- sorry for the side track. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk to you soon 

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment