Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009

My dearest family that I love.

Well, I just do not even know where to begin! I will tell you a really quick story that may not be so spiritual so we will begin with that? Shall we. Ok. So! We were knocking the other day and I looked down and upon the ground was this stick. It was an amazing stick! It looked just like a arm with a hand on the end. My first reaction was, "pick it up!" but then I was like "no- you are a sister missionary! be respectable!" but then I started to walk away and it was just too much for me so I had to go and pick it up. Then I stuck my arm in my coat and stuck the stick out and tried to make my companion shake my hand:) She thinks I'm weird. She then commented on how I always walk in a straight line on the curb like I'm on a balance beam. She thinks that is weird too. I say whatever!
So! We are teaching this amazing family right now that I LOOOOOOOVE! Edy and Abel and Abel Jr. or little Abel or baby Abel, whatever you would like. Edy is just awesome. I LOVE her. Oh man. So they had met with missionaries briefly before but then they moved and then we happened to find them! Well- the Elders found them then we got to go teach them because they are in our area:) sneaky sneaky! But I just love them. I just love teaching them. I love seeing them at church. I love it I love it I love it! (yes- I am kicking my leg in the air in the chair that I'm sitting in right now.....j/k I'm not, j/k I am, j/k I definitely am not.) OK! So how is this for a story! So! We were out visiting one of our investigators and we were crossing the street to go back to the car and then saw this woman and her daughter and I was like, "hey you look busy (because they were walking hurriedly towards the bus) but can we give you something!" and they said yes! Then we told them about the church really quick and that we'd love to come tell them more so we got Marta's phone number and have been calling her but we finally got ahold of her and went and met with her yesterday! And guess what? Her son is totally a member of the church who kind of got lost when they moved here from Florida from Puerto Rico. So not only are we teaching the rest of the family, we're now helping to reactivate the son! Let me just tell you, Heavenly Father KNOWS each and every one of His children and He is looking out for them. Marta was funny. She said, "I was trying to catch the bus to get up to New York and this one runs after me and says she wants to come over to the house! So I let them!" :) Oh Marta:)
Well- I can't think of anything else too terribly exciting. Except that I'm on a mission. Which is pretty much amazing. I am so grateful for the time that I was able to spend in Nauvoo. I feel like I have an important duty to really bear a strong witness that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration. I know it. And I know God knows it. And I can't ever deny it. :) So I love to tell people about Joseph.
Welp! Thanks for being my family. What the what the?!! I looked at the date on Saturday and realized it was two weeks until my birthday! I am getting old. OLDE FOLDE! (that one's for you mamasita:) ) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! Be good. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the letters! I loved seeing Daniel's "stash" :) What a goob. And tell Baby thanks for the letter. She is the best drawer I have ever even known in the whole world! Ask if I'm in the candy can air balloon or the rainbow. I'm feeling the rainbow I think:) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment