Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009 "I...32!

Dear Family,

As we walked into the library, we passed a bunch of senior citizens playing bingo. That's the good life:)
Things as far as the mission are really good. I officially had my very first investigator at church yesterday! How exciting right?! She's amazing by the way. Everyone is amazing. My branch is SO SWEET! Everyone just loves each other so much. The primary program was yesterday. It was the most beautiful primary in the world. Such cute different colored babies:) I loved it. I also was able to go and teach YW's yesterday so you know I loved that! Put me in a room where people have to just listen to me speak? GOLDEN!
I really have no idea what to even write about. It's just that there is so much I really don't even know where to start. I can't believe it's this time of year already! I also can't believe how old I am getting. AHHHHHH the computer is kicking me off brb
Sorry- the computers that we use at the library kick us off after a certain amount of time. Crazy crazy. I actually will have to go in a minute. We are going to go and see these waterfalls with our zone. First of all, we live in the middle of the CITY! So I'm excited to go and see this nature that I keep hearing about. There are so many people here I just can not even believe it sometimes. Also of note- please tell me that you do NOT have any Halloween blow up lawn decorations. When we get out to more of the neighborhoods EVERYONE has them. They are crazy. And tacky. I hope Rachelle gets to read that:) Also- we have seen some really disgusting Halloween decorations. Bleh. Also! You want to know how I know this is my mission? One of our counselors is a retired NFL guy. Bart Oates. Man- this was so meant to be right? :)
As far as being a missionary goes, I just can't even believe it. I love it. It's crazy and I LOVE it. I can't believe that God has literally taken me and helped me to become the missionary that He needs me to be. For instance, I love talking to people. Crazy yes, but I do. I wish I would have been better about sharing the gospel with everyone I know. You can bet I will be a superstar member missionary when I get back. I'm glad I have such amazing examples within my family! You guys ROCK! Bomb.com right mom?:) well I love you. But I should probably head out. Sorry I'm not more interesting. I'm SO excited for Gussy's new area! I hope he loves it. I pray for him so much! And for Rachelley! And all the missionaries. Well I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! Be good! Do work! :)
Sister Picard
Oh PS!!!! How is this for funny!? Our last family picture with Thomas in it and Daniel's smile when he would try and hide his teeth and it looks like he should be saying "turrrtle turrrrtle" :) AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA I just found that picture in my scriptures and I LOVE it! I love my family. You are officially the best ever. In the world. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment