Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009 "Bird Poo"

Family-

I have a confession. I have a slight sinking suspicion that my letters from here on out in my mission will be getting lamer and lamer. Is lamer even a word? Perhaps. I just don’t even know what to write about. Everything and nothing. Time is slow and fast. Mission is crazy…….. but I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!
We are teaching sweet people. I really do just love the people here more and more. They are amazing. Being in my branch is AWESOME! I’m so glad that I am here. Transfers are this week- so we’ll see what happens. We have been working at really serving the members in the branch. It’s been awesome. One of the less actives that we visit a lot has a friend that wants us to start teaching her because we do so much for her friend. You just have to love people I’ve decided. I may just start singing all you need is love as I walk down the street now…… except I guess that is kind of apostate.
OK I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Rachelle’s e-mail. I can just see her chastising all the Elders and telling them to be obedient. I love her. In other news, we were contacting in the park the other day and I was strolling along and my hand brushed up against my side and I felt something sick and disgusting and I look at my hand and there is goose poop all over my hand. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. To this day I still have absolutely no idea how that bird pooed on me. I almost started crying. I didn’t know what to do. So we had to walk and find a bathroom. And then whole time I was trying to NOT think about what was all over my hand. Sick. That same day someone asked my companion if she was my mom. Ha.
I don’t think that I can ever thank Heavenly Father enough for letting me be a missionary. I know that my purpose as a missionary is greater than anything else I could be doing right now. I am not saying that being a missionary is super fun all the time but it is SO worth it. I love it when I can help people feel more of God’s love for them. I love teaching people how they can be happier in life. I know that it’s only through our Savior that we can be with God and our families for forever. I am SO grateful for how much closer I’ve been able to come to Him since I have been out. I’m sorry that I am not sharing more cool stories. My head hurts from looking at this computer too long. My birthday was great. Thanks Kaiti for the letter. You’re the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (said like Nacho) I love you all. Keep being good. Spread the gospel. Do work. Etc etc 

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment