Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19, 2009 "FAMILLLLLYYYY!"

Family-

Hello my looooooooooooooooooooves! I can't believe how happy being a missionary makes me. It's definitely not an all the time crazy happiness like right now, but it's a general overall happiness that is AMAZING! I would suggest missionary work to anyone:)
I continue to grow to love NJ more and more. It's crazy. You can see the NYC skyline from part of our area. Crazy huh? There are literally people from ALL OVER here. Literally. Everywhere. Just yesterday I taught Jamaicans, Hungarians, Puerto Ricans, and Colombians just to name a few. Crazy huh? I didn't even have to go foreign, the whole stinkin world is right here!
So we live in a driving area and spend a lot of time going from place to place which is annoying. I think I must still have that greenie spirit or something because I pretty much just want to bail out of the car and start talking to everyone I see and knocking on everyone's doors. I still thinking finding is fun. So yes- I must still be a little crazy. Obviously not everyone is super duper excited about listening to us, but it's just fun to talk to people. Yes, you hear me correctly, I just said it was fun to talk to people. WEIRD.
It's such a blessing that the Lord has trusted me with sharing the gospel with the people here in New Jersey! I just love it. Sometimes I think I should be doing so much more so that gets a little frustrating. It's also hard to try and be the "new kid" again. I just want to know everything right now! But! I'm learning. I really do love the branch that I'm in. Everyone loves each other so much and are so supportive of the missionaries. We do a lot of work with less actives because there are 500 members of the branch- so obviously not all of them are attending. It's important to try and help people remember why it is that the gospel is important to them! I think so many times we just assume that the "enduring to the end" part of the gospel is the easy part. FALSE! That's the kicker right there:) So! My message to you is- endure to the end:)
So it's been kinda fun being around Elders again. I just beat up on them all the time. I told them I was a balla. I don't think they believed me till I pasted them all at basketball:) This one nerdy trekky Elder loves my last name. He says that when I get married he hopes that the guy (oh that lucky guy;) AHAHAHAHHA) proposes to me and says "ENGAGE!!!!!" apparently that's a star trek term or something. He seemed to think it was funny....
Welp! Gotta jet! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! Be good. Be a missionary. Save lives:)

Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment