Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5, 2009 'welp. life is good in the hood.'

Family-

So we were given permission to write home today. I wish that I would have known so that I could have told you! Alas! Everyone is starting to get way stressed out about packing up and moving out. I would say that I am not stressed at all. I'm just the Thomas O'Malley of the bunch. I walk around singing about abraham delacey gee oh suffa kacey. I'm all packed up. I cleaned the kitchen and made cookies today for everyone. The note on them said, "Live Long and Prosper. (Please eat these cookies. Not as a token of my love, but to be enjoyed, only if you choose to do so.)"
I LOVED General Conference. I was only able to watch the Sunday sessions. I was serving at the 70's Hall all day Saturday. I'm sad that I missed part of Conference, but I know I will just be able to study the Ensign when it comes out next month. Just one more reason why November is the sweetest month ever. Also- it will be my birthday birthday birthday! Dang- I am getting a little bit on the old side though. But I shouldn't worry too much because really that just means that Dad is an old man if I'm getting old :) My favorite Conference address that I saw was Elder Holland's. Every time he gets up to the pulpit I just get so excited! He is my kind of man. Just says it like it is. We were talking afterward how not everyone can speak like he does, but that each apostle has a particular way of speaking so that they are able to affect a variety of people. That is definitely how it is in the Visitor's Center. All of the sisters here are SO different. It's a good thing though because it's almost guranteed that all of the visitor's will click with at least one of the sisters.
So! We leave bright and early on Wednesday morning. Tomorrow we are cleaning our whole entire house. That should be a task. I'm sure it will be really fun actually:) I love you all lots! Be good! I have no idea where I'll be after probably one on Wednesday, nor do I know when my preparation day is. So- you should be hearing from me at some point. I also have no idea what my new mission address is. So...... I'll let you know when I find out. You all can still e-mail though.... if you want to:) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!


Sister Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment